Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 06:45 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Batch Add Problem

BretFarris

Forum User
confused
I am trying to use the Batch Add feature to add a large list of users to my Geeklog site, version 1.4.0sr5. I use the format of Full Name <tab> User Name <tab> Email in my text document. It uploads and says that all was successful, but the email address does not get stored in the user's account. The full name and user name are stored correctly, and the user is sent an email letting them know their password.

However, the email address is not stored in the account, and the users are put into the submissions que. When I approve them, I get an error email from the system telling me there is not email address to send to.

How do I get the email address to store correctly when I use Batch Add?

Thanks,
Bret Farris

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: BretFarris

The full name and user name are stored correctly, and the user is sent an email letting them know their password.

However, the email address is not stored in the account, and the users are put into the submissions que. When I approve them, I get an error email from the system telling me there is not email address to send to.

I dare say that's impossible ...

Geeklog checks the email address (to see if it's in a valid format) before creating the account. And when an account is created, that always includes the email address.

That users imported with the "batch add" feature ended up in the submission queue was a bug in 1.4.0 IIRC. But those accounts should include the email address.

Can you check the database?

bye, Dirk

BretFarris

Forum User
I wish it were impossible, but it is happening with me. In fact, maybe I didn't see it correctly before, but at the moment the batch add only adds the username to the database. It does send a user submission notification to the administrator, and it sends a welcome letter to the added users.

I have checked, and double checked the database, and the database only has the username stored. After uploading the text file, the confirmation result indicates that all fields were associated and stored properly, but they were not.

Is it possible that I have some permissions issue here?

BretFarris

Forum User
I have figured out why I have to approve all the submissions. It turned out that even though I was adding them through the administrator, I had to approve them again because I had usersubmission=1 in the config file.

However, I still cannot get the full name and email address to store in the database.

Thanks
Bret

BretFarris

Forum User
freakingout
I'm still unable to get the Full Name and Email Address to be saved into the database when doing a batch add. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening?

Thanks,
Bret Farris

Same Problem

Anonymous
I am a having the same problem,

Anyone have a fix for this yet?

I upload the file with the addresses, I get confirmation of the email being sent and the address being processed. However the full name is blank and the email is blank in the DB for the new account.

Any ideas,

Andrew

jmucchiello

Forum User
Do you have $_CONF['custom_registration'] set to 1 and are you using the default CUSTOM_userCreate in lib-custom.php? The default CUSTOM_userCreate will not work with the batch add user interface. Turn off custom_registration before attempting batch add.

Dirk, the CUSTOM_userCreate example needs some work. It shouldn't touch fields the normal user functions handle.
Text Formatted Code
function CUSTOM_userCreate ($uid)
{
    global $_CONF, $_TABLES;

// Ensure all data is prepared correctly before inserts, quotes may need to
    // be escaped with addslashes()
    $email = '';  // THIS IS WHY EMAIL IS BLANK
    if (isset ($_POST['email'])) {
        $email = COM_applyFilter ($_POST['email']);
        $email = addslashes ($email);
    }

$homepage = '';
    if (isset ($_POST['homepage'])) {
        $homepage = COM_applyFilter ($_POST['homepage']);
        $homepage = addslashes ($homepage);
    }

$fullname = '';
    if (isset ($_POST['fullname'])) {
        // COM_applyFilter would strip special characters, e.g. quotes, so
        // we only strip HTML
        $fullname = strip_tags ($_POST['fullname']);
        $fullname = addslashes ($fullname);
    }

// Note: In this case, we can trust the $uid variable to contain the new
    // account's uid.
    DB_query("UPDATE {$_TABLES['users']} SET email = '$email', homepage = '$homepage', fullname = '$fullname' WHERE uid = $uid");

return true;
}

phpsocialclub

Anonymous
That is it, I am using the CAPTCHA module and custom registration

thanks,

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:45 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content