Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 12:43 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Advanced Editor display problems with Firefox

Scubasteve

Anonymous
When posting a story using Firefox(1.5 and 2.0) with the Advanced Editored enabled, this is what I see:

As you can see, a portion of the advanceded editor is not displaying and you can't post a story since the title is missing.

Here is what I see when using IE:

Is this a problem with the javascript not correctly loading?

I have the advanced editor enabled in the site config.php and verified that the required templates are present. This problem did not occur until I installed 1.4.0sr5-1.

If I disable the advanced editor in the site config.php both IE and FF can post storied using the regular editor.

Scubasteve

Anonymous
Here is what the source HTML looks like. The browser is seeing the code, but it is hidden from actual display.

Text Formatted Code
<script type="text/JavaScript" src="https://mysite/javascript/advanced_editor.js"></script>

<script type="text/JavaScript" src="https://mysite/javascript/storyeditor_fckeditor.js"></script>
<br /><div id="advanced_editor" style="display:none;">
<!-- Hide the Advanced Editor as Javascript is required. If JS is enabled then the JS below will un-hide it -->
<script type="text/javascript">
    document.getElementById('advanced_editor').style.display=''
</script>
<div id="navcontainer">
    <ul id="navlist" style="padding-left:15px;">
        <li ><a href="#" onClick='showhideEditorDiv("preview");return false;'><span style="padding-top:5px;">Preview</span></a></li>
        <li ><a href="#" onClick='showhideEditorDiv("editor");return false;'><span style="padding-top:5px;">Editor</span></a></li>
        <li ><a href="#" onClick='showhideEditorDiv("publish");return false;'><span style="padding-top:5px;">Publish Options</span></a></li>

<li ><a href="#" onClick='showhideEditorDiv("images");return false;'><span style="padding-top:5px;">Images</span></a></li>
        <li ><a href="#" onClick='showhideEditorDiv("archive");return false;'><span style="padding-top:5px;">Archive Options</span></a></li>
        <li ><a href="#" onClick='showhideEditorDiv("perms");return false;'><span style="padding-top:5px;">Permissions</span></a></li>
        <li ><a href="#" onClick='showhideEditorDiv("all");return false'><span style="padding-top:5px;">Show All</span></a></li>

</ul>
</div>
                            <form name="frmstory" action="https://mysite/admin/story.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" onSubmit='set_postcontent();'>

<table id='adveditor' border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" width="100%" style="margin-top:10px;border:1px solid #ECE9D8;">
                                    <tr>
                                        <td width="20%" align="right">Author:</td>
                                        <td>scuba<input type="hidden" name="uid" value="29"></td>
                                    </tr>
                                    <tr>
                                        <td align="right">Title:</td>

<td><input type="text" size="48" maxlength="255" name="title" value=""></td>
                                    </tr>
                                    <tr>
                                        <td valign="top" align="right">ID:</td>
                                        <td><input type="text" size="48" maxlength="40" name="sid" value="20061130182312155"></td>
                                    </tr>
                                    <tr>
                                        <td align="right">Topic:</td>

<td>
                                            <select name="tid">
                                                <option value="archive">Archived News</option>
<option value="links" selected>Recent News</option>

</select>
                                        </td>
                                    </tr>
                                    <tr>

<td align="right" nowrap>Story Stats:</td>
                                        <td>
                                          <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" width="50%">
                                            <tr>
                                                <td align="right">Hits:</td>
                                                <td><input type="hidden" name="hits" value="0">0</td>
                                                <td align="right">Comments:</td>

<td><input type="hidden" name="comments" value="0">0</td>
                                                <td align="right">Emails:</td>
                                                <td><input type="hidden" name="numemails" value="0">0</td>
                                            </tr>
                                         </table>
                                        </td>
                                    </tr>

<tr>
                                        <td align="right">Show Topic Icon:</td>
                                        <td>
                                            <input type="checkbox" name="show_topic_icon" checked="checked">
                                            <span style="padding-left:30px;padding-right:5px;">Draft:</span><input type="checkbox" name="draft_flag" >
                                        </td>
                                    </tr>
                                </table>

samstone

Forum User
Did you upgrade or do a clean install?

If you upgraded, you need to upgrad the layout too, which means you need to add and changed the theme files that are changed since your last version. There is a list of changed files document that comes with the archive.

Depending on what version I upgraded from, sometimes it is faster for me to recreate the theme based on the Professional theme than trying to fix it.

Sam

ScubaSteve

Anonymous
When I installed the new version, I left the layout untouched besides making the changes needed to it to get the forum plugin to work. So the professional layout i am using is the one that came with this version.

trampoline

Forum User
On a mac I have a problem with Firefox 2.0 I can post one static page and then the Image button stops working i.e. I can't add any more images, i have to quit FireFox & relaunch, I have caching OFF.

samstone

Forum User
Tranpoline,

I don't use Mac, but I did run into some issues while using the FCKeditor. What I did was upgrading to the latest version of the FCKeidtor and everything has been running smoothly so far.

There is only one file that you need to transfer from your old FCKeditor, myconfig.js.

This is how I did it so that I could reverse back in case it didn't work or turned worse.

I uploaded the new package to a new fckeditor2.3.2 directory. Drop the myconfig.js in there. Then I renamed the current fckeditor directory to fckeditor-OLD, and renamed fckeditor2.3.2 to fckeditor.

I hope this upgrade will help you also.

BTW, this is a completely differen problem from Scubasteve. His is the theme and css problem. I hope we don't hijeck his topic here.

Sam

1000ideen

Forum User
Quote by: ScubaSteve

I... besides making the changes needed to it to get the forum plugin to work...

Try a completely unchanged "professional"!

scubasteve

Anonymous
Quote by: 1000ideen

I guess I could, but then the tooltips would not work with the forum plugin and the site would look pretty horrid. :banghead:

Trampoline

Anonymous
Quote by: scubasteve

I guess I could, but then the tooltips would not work with the forum plugin and the site would look pretty horrid. :banghead:

What uis this about the forum plugin not working ? and what is tool tips ?
I had trouble with the latest Beta and forum plugin so I disabled it.

scubasteve

Anonymous
Quote by: Trampoline

Quote by: scubasteve

What uis this about the forum plugin not working ? and what is tool tips ?
I had trouble with the latest Beta and forum plugin so I disabled it.

With the forum plugin, you have to add to the default style.css file that comes with the Professional theme. If you do not make the changes to that file, the forum "latest posts center block" will not display correctly. I have ruled out that it is a style sheet problem by using a style.css from someone with a site with the same forum plugin.

Even if i disable the forum plugin, the problem is still there.

filbert

Forum User
It looks like I'm having a similar problem to the one scubasteve encountered.

I've got one Geeklog instance (with the forum plugin but without the Messenger plugin) which works OK--it displays the advanced editor toolbar correctly in Firefox as well as in IE.

Another Geeklog instance (with forum plugin and Messenger plugin) displays the toolbar correctly in IE 7.0 but not in Firefox 2.0.0.3.

Both Geeklogs are 1.4.1. Forum plugin 2.6_1.4; Messenger plugin 1.7_1.4.

Anyone else have this issue? What's the resolution?

Oh, yeah . . . both Geeklog instances are upgrades from 1.4.0.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:43 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content