Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 07:21 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum v2.5 format question

Sam

Anonymous
I've just installed the Forum 2.5RC1.3 plugin, and am now trying to set it up.

When a new topic is created and the title is viewed from the forum, the topic name and username are squished together with no space, the date comes right after this, and there are up to six lines of preview below the title. All this is in the same font and size. Together this looks very messy.

">Image (or just see the forum here).

I'd like to
1) At the very, very least, clean up the format a little so there is more space between the title, name and date.

2) Better, I would like to remove the posting preview, or at least limit it to the first few words. Also, this should be in a different font.

3) Even better, I'd like to move the author to its own column, or at least have it clickable, like the "last posting" column is.

Is any of this possible? My own knowledge of PHP iss very limited, though I could give it a shot. It seems that these are all options that should be in the Admin section of t he forum.

Thanks!

Sam

Anonymous
Hmmmm... bizarrely, it seems to be working fine now. To show that I wasn't going mad, though, here's the link to the picture that I was trying to post above: http://www.ai-tools.org/forumimage.tiff

As you can see, the topic titles had a whole bunch of extra junk.

I'm not sure what, if anything, I did to make it stop happening...

ironmax

Anonymous
It looked as though you may have been missing some CSS tags in the style.css file under your theme dir. Make sure you have the latest plugin and forum additional CSS tags in the style.css file. Also make sure you don't have dupes as well.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:21 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content