Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 08:11 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Media Reviews Plugin

jhackwith

Forum User
Chatty
tired
This is part two of several plugin ideas I'll be posting tonight that have been rattling around my think tank for some time. I'm busy with other projects right now, but I wanted to throw some of these ideas out for the community to discuss. If anyone wants to take up development for any of these, we'll be happy to provide server space and project management for free.

2. Media Reviews Plugin
Someone a few years ago was working on a book review plugin, however, I haven't heard of any work on it for a long time. This would basically take Andy's excellent Amazon Plugin using Amazon's web services to generate a media review section with full RSS features and channel embedding.

Users would be able to fill out a form similar to the article editor, with a place for the ASIN (Amazon's product #) and compatibility with Geeklog's plain text and rich text editor. Reviews will go to their own moderation queue on the Submissions page with security groups set up so moderators can be assigned and/or users can be cleared to post without moderation.

Published reviews would be displayed via templates, and take advantage of the new language features in 1.4.1. The finished review would be formatted neatly with a product listing and the contents of the review article, along with a link to the author's profile.

An autotag would also be available which would display a formatted product listing, complete with current prices and other information. For example: [amazon:B000069CFH]
"Beauty... is the shadow of God on the universe." ~ Gabriela Mistral -- Desolacíon

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:11 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content