Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 08:47 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Jokes Plugin

jhackwith

Forum User
Chatty
tired
This is part three of several plugin ideas I'll be posting tonight that have been rattling around my think tank for some time. I'm busy with other projects right now, but I wanted to throw some of these ideas out for the community to discuss. If anyone wants to take up development for any of these, we'll be happy to provide server space and project management for free.

3. Jokes Plugin
This would be a cute little plugin that would create a submission form and repository for jokes, riddles, puns, you name it. Jokes archive would include categories & author attribution as well as a moderation queue on the Submissions page and full security group setup. A joke autotag would allow a joke to be placed in an article via a number or a random joke to be generated from the archive. For example: [joke:2006030582842] or [joke:random].
"Beauty... is the shadow of God on the universe." ~ Gabriela Mistral -- Desolacíon

tokyoahead

Anonymous
something like this here?

http://tokyoahead.com/main/jokes/index.php

this is work-in progress. It is running on my site, but the code has never been released by me. If you are really interested in this, and maybe even willing to contribute to the code, we can work together on this. Please note however that I do not consider this to be a high-priority item next to the core code I am working on and other plugins and software projects.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:47 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content