Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:21 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Registration problem

Success

Anonymous
I have this problem when a user is trying to register:

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/success/system/pear/PEAR.php on line 62

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: send() in /home/success/public_html/lib-common.php on line 3522

Thanks for your help

Success

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, that's odd, because Geeklog also uses an ini_set call to set the path to the bundled PEAR packages (in system/pear). So why did you not get a warning for that call?

You could try setting $_CONF['have_pear'] = false; (in config.php) and hope that your hosting service has installed a version of PEAR that works with their restrictions.

bye, Dirk

Success

Anonymous
If i put have_pear=false:

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/success/public_html/lib-common.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/success/public_html/lib-common.php:137) in /home/success/system/lib-sessions.php on line 188

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/success/public_html/lib-common.php:137) in /home/success/system/lib-sessions.php on line 200

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/success/system/pear/PEAR.php on line 62

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: send() in /home/success/public_html/lib-common.php on line 3522

There are the same error, and another ones, i think is better have pear=true

If anyone has an idea ...

Thanks for all

Success

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
embarrassed
Quote by Success: If i put have_pear=false:

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/success/public_html/lib-common.php on line 137

Sorry, my fault - I mixed up the two settings for $_CONF['have_pear'] ... Embarassed

If $_CONF['have_pear'] = false, then it will use the PEAR packages that come with Geeklog. To do that, it will have to make an ini_set call to point PHP to where those PEAR packages are located. Since your hosting service doesn't allow that call, that won't work (as you've seen).

If $_CONF['have_pear'] = true, then Geeklog (or PHP, actually) will use the PEAR packages installed on the webserver. Since those seem to use ini_set, too, that won't work either.

Try enabling the function CUSTOM_mail in lib-custom.php (it's commented out). Geeklog will then use that function to send emails (and it doesn't use PEAR for that). That should solve your problem for now.

However, future versions of Geeklog will rely on even more PEAR packages and it looks like you won't be able to run Geeklog on that webserver then ...

bye, Dirk

Success

Anonymous
It works perfectly now.

Thanks very much

Success

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:21 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content