Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 06:00 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

PHP session support?

luke_s

Forum User
Hi all,

I would like to integrate some PHP code into a Geeklog site, but I dont want to just wrap the new PHP code in geeklog (using 'include config.php', etc) because this will cause more problems than its worth due to conflicts with templates, variables, functions, etc between Geeklog and the new PHP code.

Question: can I make use of PHP Sessions in Geeklog? IF so, how? This owuld allow me to simply call the '$_SESSION[uid]' in the new code and be done with it......

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Luke

luke_s

Forum User
ok. I am using 1.3.9 and noticed that the 1.3.10 config.html doc lists three new settings in the 'Sessions' section: sessions_usecookie, sessionid, and sessionid_prefix.

I assume that these new settings are intended to support PHP Sessions since 1.3.10 uses php 4? However, I don't see these settings in the 1.3.10 config.php file...... so Im wondering if anyone knows if PHP Sessions are supported in 1.3.10 and if so, how to set Geeklog to use them?

Luke

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
For a short time during development of 1.3.10, we had support for sessions in Geeklog (in form of the PEAR HTTP::Sessions package), but it caused too many problems, so it was removed again.

Apparently, I forgot to remove the new variables from the config.html ...

I remember Blaine mentioning that he has successfully used PHP sessions in lib-custom.php, so maybe you want to try that.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:00 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content