Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 12:14 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Error in SQL syntax

galaxyturbo

Forum User
I am getting this error message after installation.

ERROR 1064 at line 1025: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'table `gl_storysubmission` Jan 08, 2004 at 01:00 PM `gl_storysu

how do i go about fixing this?

thanx

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by galaxyturbo: I am getting this error message after installation.

When exactly are you seeing this error message? Did you get to the success.php or did it happen before that?

I would suspect a corrupted file somewhere. Either the mysql_tableanddata.php (if it happens before the success.php) or lib-common.php (if it happens when either success.php or the site's index page are about to be displayed).

bye, Dirk

Atman

Anonymous
I get *exactly* the same error at the end of installation of geeklog with Fantastico...

JoniMueller

Anonymous
I get the same thing with a Fantastico script installer. I went into MySQL and "repaired" the database, but the error persisted.

This is what appears in the error.log document:

*** dummy entry ***
Tue Feb 17 14:10:53 2004 - 1146: Table 'rojonet_gklg1.gl_topics' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT tid,topic,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon FROM gl_topics WHERE (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sortnum

Any ideas? I tried a manual install of Geeklog a year or so ago and I practically tore all my hair out. I was delighted to see it was a preinstalled script. However, I wasn't too happy with this outcome. Any thoughts as to how to cure? I really want to give Geeklog a try if I could just get past the blasted installation!!

Atman

Anonymous
confused
Hi, this is my error log and I don't see the success.php file.

*** dummy entry ***

Mon Feb 16 18:34:10 2004 - 1146: Table 'atman_gklg1.gl_topics' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT tid,topic,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon FROM gl_topics WHERE (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sortnum

Mon Feb 16 19:39:49 2004 - 1146: Table 'atman_gklg1.gl_topics' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT tid,topic,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon FROM gl_topics WHERE (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sortnum

I guess it's a problem with Fantastico.

Atman

Anonymous
Current instalation:

/gk (1.3.8-1sr3)

Atman

Anonymous
As you can see
here Kosmo already knows about the problem. I hope he can fix the error at Fantastico soon.

JoniMueller

Anonymous
I decided to fool the system. Since the Fantastico installed worked except for the corrupted table, I went ahead and deleted the Fantastico install, and then set about installing Geeklog the old fashioned way. I was hoping that would be the end of it, but the clean install choked after setting up the database. Cleverly (I hope), I exported the database created in my clean install to a *.sql text file. I then deleted the clean install, went back into Fantastico, had it install Geeklog, watched it bellyache about the table, went back into PHPAdmin, cleared out the database and imported the database from the clean install into the database created by Fantastico. Works like a charm. Piecemeal tho it may be.

Atman

Anonymous
Problems with Fastantico installation are fixed now.

Digital-86

Anonymous
Just curious you said the problem is fixed with Fantastico. Do I need to upgrade Fantastico or ? since I am still getting this error when trying to install 1.3.8-1sr3 from Fantastico.

Let me know thanks for you help.

Hope

Anonymous
I just tried to install Geeklog using an automatic Fantastico install at Affordablehost.com and am getting this exact error message. What gives? How do I fix it?

The message is:
ERROR 1064 at line 1025: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'table `gl_storysubmission` Jan 08, 2004 at 01:00 PM `gl_storysu

Thanks in advance,
Hope

Hope

Anonymous
Here's my error log:
*** dummy entry ***
Sun Mar 7 16:03:08 2004 - 1146: Table 'creegah_gklg1.gl_topics' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT tid,topic,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon FROM gl_topics WHERE (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sortnum
Sun Mar 7 16:03:20 2004 - 1146: Table 'creegah_gklg1.gl_topics' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT tid,topic,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon FROM gl_topics WHERE (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sortnum
Sun Mar 7 16:15:23 2004 - 1146: Table 'creegah_gklg1.gl_topics' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT tid,topic,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon FROM gl_topics WHERE (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sortnum
Sun Mar 7 16:15:56 2004 - 1146: Table 'creegah_gklg1.gl_topics' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT tid,topic,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon FROM gl_topics WHERE (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sortnum
Sun Mar 7 16:35:27 2004 - 1146: Table 'creegah_gklg1.gl_topics' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT tid,topic,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon FROM gl_topics WHERE (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sortnum
Sun Mar 7 16:35:32 2004 - 1146: Table 'creegah_gklg1.gl_topics' doesn't exist. SQL in question: SELECT tid,topic,owner_id,group_id,perm_owner,perm_group,perm_members,perm_anon FROM gl_topics WHERE (perm_anon >= 2) ORDER BY sortnum

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:14 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content