Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 23 2024 @ 03:33 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Mysql error connection please help

S2000

Anonymous
angry
Im on step 3of3 and for some reaosn i get

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 's2kcrew_S2000 @localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/s2kcrew/public_html/system/databases/mysql.class.php on line 108
Cannnot connect to DB server

but the thign is everything is correct on my msql information that i enter in the config.php. i even had an expert check it an they said it was correct but it still wont work

please help

S2000

Anonymous
worried
can u please forget this error an look at this one i finish installign the portal but i get thsi error

Parse error: parse error in /home/s2kcrew/public_html/lib-common.php on line 2860

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: template in /home/s2kcrew/public_html/lib-common.php on line 732
can u please tell me what it mean or how to fix it

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

S2000

Anonymous
well i fix those problem now i get this dumb error and yes i read the instution and all it say is edit the $_CONF['path_html']. but i t dont say which one or how to

the error is Template Error: set_root: /home/s2kcrew/public_html/public_html/layout/XSilver is not a directory.
Halted.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin

S2000

Anonymous
i already read that but still no luck

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by S2000: i already read that but still no luck

Then show us what you have now, please.

bye, Dirk

S2000

Anonymous
set_root: /home/s2kcrew/public_html/public_html/layout/XSilver is not a directory.
Halted.
its the same error and i tried every thign it wotn go way

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I meant your $_CONF['path'] and $_CONF['path_html'] settings as you have them in config.php now. Also, what was the "hint" for the path that the install script displayed on the first page?

And, of course, does that directory (as mentioned in the error message) exist or not?

bye, Dirk

S2000

Anonymous
$_CONF['theme'] = 'XSilver'; // default theme

// you shouldn't need to edit the following
$_CONF['layout_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . 'layout/' . $_CONF['theme'];
$_CONF['path_themes'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'layout/';
$_CONF['path_layout'] = $_CONF['path_themes'] . $_CONF['theme'] .'/';

// optional settings
$_CONF['allow_user_themes'] = 1;
$_CONF['allow_user_language'] = 1;
$_CONF['allow_user_photo'] = 1; // 1 = on, 0 = off...flag that allows users to upload self-photo

// hides the list of authors from the preferences
$_CONF['hide_author_exclusion'] = 0;

also the directory eistes. plus the website url is

that was how i h ave it in the congf.php and i dotn remember the hint that they gave also my website url is http://www.midnightnationz.com/index1.php so u can see the error ur self

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Those weren't the variables I was asking for ...

It seems the install script says that the path to itself is /home/s2kcrew/public_html/admin/install/install.php

The error you quoted above has "public_html" twice in it, so my guess is that you did not set $_CONF['path_html'] correctly. As the installation instructions point out in the section I already pointed you to, you probably don't need to change $_CONF['path_html'] at all.

So either change it back to what it was in the original config.php and try again or, if that doesn't work, quote your settings, please ...

bye, Dirk

S2000

Forum User
ok so how do i take away the other public_html. can uplease give me an step by step instrcution.

Turias

Forum User
What are your $_CONF['path'] and $_CONF['path_html'] variables set as in config.php?

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:33 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content