Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 08:25 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

GL 1.3.8 issue with mySQL 3.23.53

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hi Gang. I'm having this funny issue. I'm working on reinstalling the whole GL system from the Old 1.3.7sr1 to 1.3.8 since i have to rebuild my machine from scratch. For some reason it gave me this funny error with the data base. What I was wondering whether this is because of incompatibility with the old MySQL or something else. Never have much issue when I was installing for 1.3.7. Any thought? Please advise. Thanks.. The Dude

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
And what was the \"funny error message\", please? Did you run the install script to upgrade your database? bye, Dirk

thedude

Forum User
Regular Poster
confused
Hi Dirk.

Here is the error message..

1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '( id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, ipaddress varchar(15) NOT N' at line 2

BTW, which install script are you referring to? I ran whatever the install script that come with the 1.3.8 fresh install...

Also, sorry Dirk. For whatever reason I forgot to paste the error message. Oops!

Any thought? Thanks for your help man...

The Dude

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by thedude: BTW, which install script are you referring to? I ran whatever the install script that come with the 1.3.8 fresh install...

You said you were upgrading from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8. To update the database, you will need to run the install script over your 1.3.7 database (with the upgrade database option, obviously).

Did you get the error when you tried to do that? In that case it looks like you did not replace all the 1.3.7 files properly. I'd suggest you drop the database again, make sure you're only using files from 1.3.8, restore your 1.3.7 backup and run the install script over it again.

bye, Dirk

thedude

Anonymous
Hi Dirk..

Actually what I meant was that I have to reinstall everything from scratch. So the error that I got is when I'm doing the installation from scratch. Comment? Thanks for your help Dirk..

TD

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:25 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content