Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 06:30 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Path to config.php set correctly; geeklog can't find it.

rblumberg

Forum User
I've installed Geeklog in the directory /home/richard/etc/geeklog/ I've installed the Geeklog public_html files in the directory /home/richard/brewhouse/blog/ I've edited the file /home/richard/etc/geeklog/config.php to reflect those values. I've edited the file /home/richard/brewhouse/blog/lib-common.php to include, at line 69, the following:
require_once( '/home/richard/etc/geeklog/config.php' );[/code]    

Now, when I run the install script and fill in the above value for the Path to Geeklog, I get an error page with the message:

Geeklog Installation - Error Geeklog could not find config.php in the path you just entered: /home/richard/etc/geeklog Please check this path and try again.
When I run the check.php script, I get the following:
Warning: main(/home/richard/etc/geeklog/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/richard/public_html/brewhouse/blog/lib-common.php on line 69 Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/richard/etc/geeklog/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/richard/public_html/brewhouse/blog/lib-common.php on line 69
As far as I can figure out, permissions are set correctly:
-rwxr--r--    1 richard  richard  ...  lib-common.php[/code] 
and:

-rwxrwxr-x    1 richard  richard   ...  config.php[/code] 

Can anyone suggest what I need to do next?

Thanks.

Richard							

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Did you check the permissions on the directory your config.php is in? Btw, none of the .php files needs to be executable. bye, Dirk

rblumberg

Forum User
The permissions for the geeklog directory are set to 755; I haven\'t changed those. I had set the php files to be executable as part of the flailing that us *nix newbies go through when we\'re trying to make something work Wink I\'ve set it back to 644 and continue to get the same error. Any other ideas? I thought that perhaps I had misunderstood how the virtual server paths mapped to absolute paths. But cd\'ing to the geeklog directory and giving the pwd command from the shell confirms that the path is correct. Thanks for the help... Richard

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:30 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content