Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 01:13 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Sports Management plugin for geeklog?

Footy

Anonymous
Hi. Is there anything like this for Geeklog? I\'m setting up a soccer league website using geeklog and was wondering if there\'s any solution like this available, to save some time from having to update html tables instead. If not a geeklog plugin, anyone know of other php solutions for this?

Anon

Anonymous
What sort of features are you looking for? Can\'t see an example site...

Footy

Anonymous
I\'ve found these non-geeklog php solutions I\'ve found so far: CCLeague Pro has a demo here. Tpl-design has tplLeagueStats and tplSoccerStats. In fact, I just came across this geekloged website that incorporates tplSoccerStats in one of the blocks. I would assume this phpwebsite-driven website is an example of the leaguesite module I mentioned before. There\'s also phpleague but it\'s in French. I\'m just beginning to learn php myself but I\'d love to see a geeklog plugin for something like this.

Footy

Anonymous
By the way, that last sentence in my last post wasn\'t supposed to be a link.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Footy: By the way, that last sentence in my last post wasn\'t supposed to be a link.
... and if you registered with the site, you could have fixed that yourself, since you can then edit your own posts Wink bye, Dirk

Footy

Anonymous
That\'s what I get for being lazy. Thanks for fixing that, Dirk. Wink Anyway, I just found another sports-related module for phpwebsite: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scoreboard phpwsScoreboard is a phpWebSite 0.9.x module that allows a site admin to run a sports website and post scores for almost any type of sport. Works great for school/community sports websites. Interesting because I almost went with phpWebsite as my CMS before I decided on geeklog. phpwebsite had the advantage of being fully xhtml compliant and having more module support, like a fully integrated phpbb module and a shopping cart. I went with geeklog because of it has a more flexible static content integration and the ability to upload multiple pictures in a post. I\'m happy with my decision so far.

DTrumbower

Forum User
I have a personal todo list for a site to run a league, like this. But not to keep track of current sport results.

josheli

Forum User
you can see an implementation of LeagueSite here. I\'ve developed a Baseball Statkeeper that you can demo here. i use it for my men\'s league team here, and since I plan on changing that site to Geeklog next season, I\'ll be developing either a hack or a plugin for the statkeeper.

Footy

Anonymous
Cool. Was the Bandits roster also done with LeagueSite? Would your Geeklog statkeeper plugin be adaptable for soccer as well?

soydog

Forum User
Chatty
Is there anyone else that would be interested in a geeklog integration of a sports team/league/tournament management tool?

I would be interested in a tool to do something like what hometeamsonline.com does, which offers a free version like this

or at least a way to integrate a free php script tool like tplLeagueStats .

Anarchist Football Network - http://www.passionbomb.com/soccer
"If I can't play soccer, I want no part of your revolution."

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:13 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content