Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 01:21 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

problems with login/authentication

ajc0914

Forum User
Hi, all- Just installed Geeklog today. Everything seemed to go well. However, when I got my site up and running, I tried to log in as admin, and this is what happened: It accepts the password all right. I can see Admin logged in on the user list. But I\'m not Admin. I\'m still a guest. Then, when I try to add a user, It freezes on the enter name/e-mail address page and just loads forever. Please tell me this is a common problem with an easy fix. Running on Mac OS X, default Apache install, PHP 4.3.2, MySQL 4.0.13

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Standard checklist:
  • Does the browser accept cookie?
  • Do you have register_globals=on?
  • You may need to set the $_CONF[\'cookiedomain\'] variable
Also, if you\'re using your Mac\'s Rendezvous name (e.g. mymac.local) in the URL, you may need to switch to localhost or 127.0.0.1. bye, Dirk

ajc0914

Forum User
Thanks, Dirk... it was definitely the version of Safari I was using that was keeping me from being able to log-in and create a user. Unfortunately, a new problem has popped up: new users don\'t receive their confirmation e-mails. Any ideas on how to get that working? Anthony

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ajc0914:new users don\'t receive their confirmation e-mails.
Do you have sendmail running? If not, there are gazillions of tutorials how to get that running on MacOS X ... bye, Dirk

ajc0914

Forum User
Hey, Dirk. Thanks for your fast replies. I\'ve enabled sendmail using sendmail Enabler 1.1.2, and I still get the hang on register. Are there specific options for Sendmail that I have to enable through the command line?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Make sure sendmail is really running (try ps -ax | grep sendmail in the Terminal). And no, there aren\'t any specific options you need to set. I haven\'t tried sendmail Enabler yet - I usually follow one of the tutorials (btw, you will have to re-enable sendmail after almost every system update). bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:21 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content