Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 15 2024 @ 11:57 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Moving the installation

in_june

Forum User
Hi, before i start testing and configuring my installation of geeklog: can i change the install path later by simply moving all files? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yes. You will need to adjust the paths in config.php and lib-common.php of course. Some plugins may also need corrections in their path settings. If you\'re using images in stories, then you will need to adjust the URLs of those, too, when the URL of your site changes. Other then that, the database does not contain any URLs or paths (except those that you enter yourself, e.g. in stories ...). bye, Dirk

in_june

Forum User
Thanks a lot for your answer. I like it when it\'s easy to use Smile.

MacQuarrie

Forum User
Junior
Quote by Dirk: Yes. You will need to adjust the paths in config.php and lib-common.php of course. Some plugins may also need corrections in their path settings. If you\'re using images in stories, then you will need to adjust the URLs of those, too, when the URL of your site changes. Other then that, the database does not contain any URLs or paths (except those that you enter yourself, e.g. in stories ...).
Hmmm. I just tried that. I installed Geeklog into a subdirectory so I could test it and set up the templates and all that stuff, then I moved everything out of that directoy into the public_html one, and edited config.php and lib-common.php as instructed. Now all I get is a blank white page where my site is supposed to be. Any ideas?
I have no idea what I'm doing.

MacQuarrie

Forum User
Junior
Never mind. I think I found it. Just had to hard-code the path to the public_html in the config.php file. no idea why that was messing things up. It\'s all good now.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:57 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content