Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 27 2024 @ 01:23 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

failed to create stream

chatphreak

Anonymous

Good morning, this is my first time installing geek log, and after running the install and having it find my geek log, I then received this error:

===========================
Warning: main(d:/Home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/htdocs/weblog/system/databases/mysql.class.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in d:homeDefaultfamily.eyeblinkfx.comprivatesystemlib-database.php on line 109

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'd:/Home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/htdocs/weblog/system/databases/mysql.class.php' (include_path='.;c:winntphppear') in d:homeDefaultfamily.eyeblinkfx.comprivatesystemlib-database.php on line 109

I have this in the lib-common.php:

require_once( 'd:/Home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/private/config.php/' );

I have this in my config.php file:

$_CONF['path'] = 'd:/Home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/htdocs/weblog/';
$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/htdocs/';
$_CONF['site_admin_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/weblog/admin';

Am I doing something completely wrong? Thanks for all your help!!
Sue

Anonymous

Anonymous
This path should not have a trailing slash: require_once( 'd:/Home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/private/config.php/' ); This path should point to where your config.php is located: $_CONF['path'] = 'd:/Home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/htdocs/weblog/'; When you put $_CONF['path'] in this one, you end up with two /htdocs/ in the path. It needs to point to the directory where your public files are located. $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/htdocs/';

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hi I just installed gl yesterday for the first time ever and got similar problems. I have to say, the instructions are less than clear - maybe in "most" cases they are adequate, but for my particular installation I had to spend quite a lot of time experimenting with different paths. Tip: Run install.php and see what values it gives you at the bottom.

chatphreak

Anonymous

Thank you for your help! I'm getting closer!! Smile But now I've run into another snag, and it might have something to do with the last path to the $_CONF['path_html'].... all my public files are in the htdocs directory so I am not sure what my initial path needs to be. Anonymous, you stated that the way I had it before was making it double up by having /htdocs/htdocs instead of one directory... how would i do that? not have a trailing "/" ????

==============================
$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/htdocs';

OR

$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . '/';

OR

$_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'htdocs';

I corrected the paths as instructed in my originial post, and moved onto step two... and then hit next, BLAMO, another error. :}

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in d:HomeDefaultfamily.eyeblinkfx.comprivatesystemdatabasesmysql.class.php on line 104 Cannnot connect to DB server

I have contacted my ISP server about MySQL and they told me:

"Please note that when connecting to the database from a script on your website you must use the internal server IP on our network which is 192.***.**.188 If you are connecting externally using MySQL connection software the IP is 208.***.**.188

Is there somewhere I am to specify this change in the config file or another file? Or it's just extra info because I don't need it?

Thank you again for your time and patients (I know I'm probably asking some pretty dumb questions)!
Sue

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you've moved all the files from Geeklog's public_html folder into you htdocs folder then you need to set $_CONF['path_html'] to $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'htdocs/'; Concerning the database connection error: The $_DB_host variable holds the name or IP address of your MySQL server. The default is $_DB_host = 'localhost'; bye, Dirk

chatphreak

Anonymous
Fabulous thanks! I am a dummy for not seeing that setting to begin with :} But now i'm getting yelled at with this: ====================================== Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in d:homeDefaultfamily.eyeblinkfx.comhtdocswebloglib-common.php on line 3815 Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: template in d:homeDefaultfamily.eyeblinkfx.comhtdocswebloglib-common.php on line 709 ====================================== I've uploaded everythign I was told to upload... is there something that i should double check? I can't thank you enough for all you all's help and I'm getting super excited about the possiblity of getting this joker up and running soon! Smile Sue

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This looks like a corrupted lib-common.php. As mentioned in the installation instructions, don't use WinZip to extract the files and don't use Dreamweaver to edit them. Start with a fresh copy of lib-common.php (don't forget to edit that path to config.php) and try again. bye, Dirk

chatphreak

Anonymous
unpacked the file using winrar, edited with notepad, uploaded tried to continue with the installation and blamo... ========================== 1050: Table 'gl_access' already exists ========================== So I looked back and not sure I am to use 'upgrade' instead of new database for step 1? For sake of troubleshooting, I did add a new prefix to trouble shoot the install... well it went but then gave me an error of: ========================== Template Error: set_root: d:/Home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/private/htdocs/weblog/layout/XSilver/ is not a directory. Halted. ========================== This error I don't understand because the directory IS there... should I reupload all the public_html files that are in the geek log archive folder that I used to get the fresh copy of the lib-common.php (since i used winrar this time instead of winzip :}) And how do I get rid of the additional prefix? Thanks for your help! Sue

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Okay, first of all: Once you've successfully run the install script, you don't need to run it again. All it does is setting up the database for you. Fiddling with the path settings afterwards doesn't affect the database. When you ran the install script again with a different prefix, you've created a second set of tables. You will only need one of them, so you can remove one set (e.g. by using phpMyAdmin) or simply drop the entire database and run the install script one more time. As for the path: Are you sure about the "private" directory as part of your paths? When poking around on your site, I get several error messages, but none of those have a "private" directory in the paths their reporting. bye, Dirk

chatphreak

Anonymous
Nope, no private folders visible to the WWW... that folder is outside of the htdocs (public_html). Is there somewhere I screwed up the path? The code's all starting to look the same. lol Thanks for your help! Smile Sue

Anonymous

Anonymous
Looked at it again this morning, still can't find where i messed up Dirk. Frown

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What I meant is this: The path it complains about in the error message is d:/Home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/private/htdocs/weblog/layout/XSilver/ (with a 'private' directory as part of the path). But when I call up the info.php (in the admin/install directory on your site), it tells me that this script is in the following path: d:/home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/htdocs/weblog/admin/install/info.php So that's why I was asking if you're sure that the "private" is really part of your path ... In other words: I think you should remove the "private" directory from your path settings. bye, Dirk

chatphreak

Anonymous
Hurm, now I'm a little confused... in the config and the lib-common file they ask to point to where the config file is, which I have in my private folder... I did a search to see where I have "/private/htdocs/" path (which it should be just plain ole htdocs) and they are here: ********************************************** // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ // | SERVER SETTINGS | // | | // | All paths must have a trailing slash ('/'). If you're on Windows, they | // | must also start with a drive letter (e.g. 'C:/'). | // | The 'path' value signifies where the config.php (this file) resides | // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_CONF['path'] = 'd:/Home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/private/'; // C:/inetpub/wwwroot/geeklog/ ******************************************** Is my config file in the wrong place? Sue

rawdata

Forum User
The contents of Geeklog's public_html should be placed in the public area of your server. The remaining files (config.php, /system, /language, etc) should be placed in the non-public area. You then have these two paths to worry about: $_CONF['path'] = '/path/to/geeklog/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/'; $_CONF['path'] should be the path from the root to where your config.php is located. You say it is in /private so the one you just posted here appears to be okay. $_CONF['path_html'] should be the path from the root to where your public files are located. If the "private" directory is not anywhere in the path then you must NOT use $_CONF['path'] in defining $_CONF['path_html']. Just remove it and public_html/ (if that one is not part of the path either) and define what it is. Based on what has been posted, your paths probably should be: $_CONF['path'] = 'd:/Home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/private/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = 'd:/home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/htdocs/weblog/';

chatphreak

Anonymous
Hiya rawdata Smile Thanks for the paths, I plugged them in and blamo, errors... it's still going through the private folder. When I unpacked the geeklog program I placed everything that was in their public_html folder in my "weblog" folder within my htdocs. I put everything else in the private folder outside the reach of the www. Below I have my folder structure set up to see if I did something wrong or if there is a way around the problem: ==================================== (root directory of my hosted site) private/ (all files in geeklog tar except for public_html folder) /config.php htdocs/ /weblogs (all public_html geeklog files here) ===================================== As a side note I can't put in the html path as "$_CONF['path_html'] = 'd:/home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/htdocs/weblog/';" because then I get an error of: ======================================= Template Error: set_root: d:/Home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/private/d:/home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/htdocs/weblog/layout/XSilver/ is not a directory. Halted. ======================================= I know what that broke, because the way the html path dosen't need to have an actual path directory... but I don't know how to get rid of the problem of the URL going through the Private folder yet grabbing the config file. Frown You all ready to kill or give up on me yet. :} Sorry for bothering you! I'm so close it's silly!!! hehe Thanks for all your help!!! Sue

rawdata

Forum User
It looks like you either still have $_CONF['path_html'] listed incorrectly or you changed one or both of these lines to the incorrect path by adding $_CONF['path'] : $_CONF['path_themes'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'layout/'; $_CONF['path_layout'] = $_CONF['path_themes'] . $_CONF['theme'] .'/' If you changed either one of these two, then please change them back to look like the above. If I understand your setup correctly, then your paths should look like this: $_CONF['path'] = 'd:/Home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/private/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = 'd:/home/Default/family.eyeblinkfx.com/htdocs/weblog/'; $_CONF['path_system'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'system/'; $_CONF['path_log'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'logs/'; $_CONF['path_language'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'language/'; $_CONF['rdf_file'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'backend/geeklog.rdf'; $_CONF['backup_path'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'backups/'; $_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://family.eyeblinkfx.com/weblog'; $_CONF['site_admin_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/admin'; $_CONF['layout_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/layout/' . $_CONF['theme']; $_CONF['path_themes'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'layout/'; $_CONF['path_layout'] = $_CONF['path_themes'] . $_CONF['theme'] .'/'; There is a temptation to change too much in config.php. Besides the database settings and table prefix, you only need to change three other lines for a vanilla install: $_CONF['path'] , $_CONF['path_html'] , and $_CONF['site_url']. Unless you move the other directories (which is not wise to do until after your site is up and running) the rest of the paths can stay the same. All the other settings can also stay the same until after a successful install.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:23 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content