Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 08 2024 @ 03:11 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Error on installing

Estrellitta

Anonymous
Thi si sth eerror im getting when trying to do the install setup stage Parse error: parse error in /home/sites/estrella/www/geeklog/config.php on line 2 Warning: main(databases/.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/estrella/www/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 109 Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'databases/.class.php' (include_path='.:/home/php') in /home/sites/estrella/www/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 109 please help me

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, the first message says it all - you have an error in line 2 of your config.php. This is a bit unusual, since that is an empty line in the default config.php ... Make sure the first three lines in your config.php look like this: <?php /* Reminder: always indent with 4 spaces (no tabs). */ You may have accidentally added or removed a character there. If in doubt, start with a fresh copy of the config.php. Hope that helps ... bye, Dirk

Estrellitta

Anonymous
Now i have a new error........ Parse error: parse error in /home/sites/estrella/www/geeklog/config.php on line 69 Warning: main(databases/.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/estrella/www/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 109 Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'databases/.class.php' (include_path='.:/home/php') in /home/sites/estrella/www/geeklog/system/lib-database.php on line 109 please help again

Anonymous

Anonymous
What are you using to edit your files?

Estrellitta

Anonymous
Word pad

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hmmm, Wordpad should be okay. On line 69, see if you are missing a quote or bracket or semicolon or have a stray character.

Estrellitta

Anonymous
how do i know which line is 69?

Anonymous

Anonymous
I don't know if WordPad has the ability to display line numbers. If it doesn't, then I recommend you use a different editor because anytime you receive an error it will point to the line where the problem is. Without the numbers it will be very hard to find. This is line 69 in sr2: // You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html Most likely the error is in the $_CONF['path'] or $_CONF['path_html'] line which are on either side of it. $_CONF['path'] = '/path/to/geeklog/'; // C:/inetpub/wwwroot/geeklog/ // You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html // directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the // directory like this (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']): // $_CONF['path_html'] = '/path/to/your/public_html/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/';

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:11 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content