Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 08 2024 @ 06:38 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Template Error

Estrellitta

Anonymous
Im getting an template error like this when trying ot install...... Template Error: set_root: /home/sites/estrella/www/geeklog/public_html/layout/XSilver/ is not a directory. Halted. These are how my paths are set in config... $_CONF['path'] = '/home/sites/estrella/www/geeklog/'; // You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html // directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the // directory like this (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']): // $_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/sites/estrella/www/public_html/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/'; [others removed -- Dirk] I would love some help on this one?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
From poking around on your site it seems you have separated the geeklog and the public_html directories - and you even changed the $_CONF['path_html'] variable accordingly. Well, almost - you forgot to uncomment that line. So instead of // $_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/sites/estrella/www/public_html/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/'; what you want is $_CONF['path_html'] = '/home/sites/estrella/www/public_html/'; // $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/'; (or you could remove that second line entirely). bye, Dirk

Estrellitta

Anonymous
Ok dirk... so after i copy and paste what u gave me for config... what do i do next, do the install step again cause if so i get an error saying my gl already exist.???

Estrellitta

Anonymous
thanks dirk i got my gl set up.....Surprised!)

Estrellitta

Anonymous
Oh ggaaaa another template error... Template Error: filename: file /home/sites/estrella/www/public_html/layout/Evolution//menuitem_last.thtml does not exist. Halted.

Estrellitta

Anonymous
Figured the error out.... thanks anyway

damental

Anonymous
what did you do to fix that last error? I\'m getting the same thing on my site. http://www.shannondale.tv/index.php

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by damental: what did you do to fix that last error? I\'m getting the same thing on my site. http://www.shannondale.tv/index.php
I don\'t see any error on that site - at least not with the default XSilver theme. If it complains about a missing file when you\'re using another theme, then it\'s probably an old theme that\'s missing a few of the files that have been added in later Geeklog versions. You can simply copy over the missing files from one of the default themes. Please refer to the documentation for a list of the theme changes. bye, Dirk

damental

Anonymous
that was it. I just uploaded the old files with those names and it is ok now. I guess there is some stray code in there that is still looking for the old files. thanks for the help.

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:38 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content