Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 06:49 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Classifieds Plugin - Dev Help

nurseryboy

Forum User
Chatty
Hey guys,

I had been working on a "from scratch" classifieds plugin for Geeklog for a while, but lately haven't had the time to work on it, nor complete it. So, I am going to make the code available to anyone who would like to take over the development. I just ask that the dev be organized, so 20 different versions don't come out in the end. Just let everyone know if you plan to work on it, and try to organize it with others.

I have the files in a zip.. there is a sql file that needs to be run through phpmyadmin, and the folders moved to the oppropriate places. Then, good luck. Everything is mostly in place, it would just be up to the dev(s) to decide what else needs done. I won't be able to provide much support more then trying to explain what I was trying to do in certain situations.

You can download the file here.
It is the classifieds program that is running on Country Web if you were wondering.
Just keep it organized.. and good luck Smile

Matthew

ScottMcW

Forum User
Chatty
Matthew...thanks for making that available. I wish I could help out, but I don't have that skillset yet. I would, however, like to add some input on options I'd love to see. I'd love for the user to be able to add multiple photos on an ad. It would also be cool if the interface was somewhat customizable. For instance, if it had some "custom fields" that the admin could define depending on what their particular needs are. Example: My site is an automotive site, so I'd like to list year and mileage. Maybe someone else has a Music site selling CDs, they might want to list Artist, Album, etc... I'm VERY willing to help debug anything that is built. I will even offer interface design services. And I'm always willing to ad new ideas! Smile Thanks, Scott

lean4huskytop

Anonymous
the classifieds addin is not working.....there is a need for files to be put in the geeklog/plugin folder... Anyone got it working?

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:49 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content