Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 12:44 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Please improve the search feature.

vbgunz

Forum User
To be honest Geeklog is great but one of the features it lacks so much of is a good search engine. I rather search and get 4 million results than search and get nothing... It is so hard to find what I am looking for on Geeklog and I know its out there. Is there a tweak for it? Is it possible to search this site using Google? Is a better search engine coming? I would probably learn a lot more faster if I could just get to grips on how best to retreive the information I am looking for. Anyway, its great and I am sticking by it but please, even a search engine plugin could be better than what is currently available. Someone mind shining light on this or am I missing the rules of search?
Victor B. Gonzalez -
http://aeonserv.com

Anonymous

Anonymous
Why don't you join the mailing lists then you can keep up with what the developers are doing? Tony has been reworking the search feature for Geeklog 2. I think this will also be integrated into the 1.3 software line. You're right it needs an overhaul and Tony knows it.

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
You should take a look in the geeklog CVS. It looks like Tony has all ready done a major overhaul of the search functions for geeklog. Likely it will be realised, along with many other changes, in 1.3.8. No word yet though on when exactly to expect that. -Vinny

Anonymous

Anonymous
CVS contains some changes, but the new search part he's been working on is not in 1.3.x yet.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:44 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content