Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:23 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Theme Tester Problems

Anonymous

Anonymous
I've tried to add a theme tester to the homepage and I can't get it to work properly.

I've followed all of the instructions from http://www.geeklog.net/article.php?story=2002050613382691. I've added the code to lib-custom and lib-common and made sure that the block was set for homepage only. But when I click on a different theme it only refreshes the page. If I then click the "use permanently" link, it will change the theme. I'm able to use the theme tester on geeklog.net just fine btw. I'm using the newest version 1.3.7sr1.

I'd really appreciate some help. :-)

squatty

Forum User
What browser are you testing with? I added a few lines of code to the original block to make it more compatible for Netscape/Mozilla browsers.
You can download the block here.

---
Danny @ squatty.com

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

Anonymous

Anonymous
I've changed the code to what you gave me but I'm still just getting the page to refresh. I've been testing with Mozilla 5 (Phoenix) and Internet Explorer 6. I'm pretty stumped. It's up at www.ripplefx.net in case that helps. Thanks for helping. :-)

Anonymous

Anonymous
Maybe it's just me but I'm having the same problem with the theme tester on the geeksta.com site as well. The page refreshes but the them doesn't change.

Anonymous

Anonymous
Well I finally got it to work. In case anyone cares I had to place the themetester function at the bottom of my lib-custom.php and start over with a new lib-custom.php and for it to work with mozilla I needed to use squatty's update.

Thanks for the help!

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:23 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content