Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 07:25 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Speaking of enterprise systems...

ScottMcW

Forum User
Chatty
I was wondering what is the largest amount of users any GL users currently have. I am considering migrating yet another community site to GL and they currently have about 10,000+ users. Most of those are not currently active, and they're never all hitting the site at ONE time. But, I just wanted to know if GL or MySQL would choke on those kinds of numbers?

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
You should be just fine. We just happened to be discussing this very item in our IRC channel today. There are a couple well-known Mac-related sites with tens of thousands of users and Geeklog seems to do just fine. In one case we were able to confirm 1000 current user sessions (i.e. each had an entry in the session table). Granted, a site like that should have a PHP Accelerator no matter what but even without it you should be OK.---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

Anonymous

Anonymous
This guy claims he has a user base of 200,000: http://www.geeklog.net/article.php?story=20021010122318825

Tony

Site Admin
Admin
Yes, sorry, that is correct. I meant to say 'hundreds of thousands' ;-) My quote of 1000 concurrent users is still true, though. That is what really matters...---The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.
The reason people blame things on previous generations is that there's only one other choice.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:25 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content