Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 04:56 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Integrate External Pages

Anonymous

Anonymous
I've been working to find a way via plugins or hacks, to Include a very small (8page) website into my geeklog website. What I want to do sounds simple enough: -Using the Menu plugin create a link to the webpage I want to apprear within geeklog. -click on webpage, and in the center of the screen, still surrounded by the geeklog structure, see the tiny website I have designed. Basically what I have looks like this: /base of geeklog where everything lives | ---->/Directory where small website lives. I was reading that the external webpage plugin could provide a way for me to keep geeklog and stick this sit into the center of the site, but I was never able to figure out the mechanics of how it works. Though I was able to get the plugin installed with no problem. So the long winded question ends, Is there any way for me to install these pages into the geeklog structure (in one way or another) or am I always going to be directed away from geeklog? I tried to avoid bugging people with this, and I know people have written asking before, but I have not seen anyone post definitive steps to makeing it happen. Can someone provide even a small guide for those of us trying to do this? Thanks a ton!

Skinner

Forum User
There is probably more than one way to do it but this will work. Geeklog can wrap your hand coded pages in the template and make it all look integrated. Here is an example: <?php require_once('lib-common.php'); $display .= COM_siteHeader(); //Change to COM_siteHeader('none') to not display left blocks $display .= COM_startBlock('My Page'); $display .= "Stuff Here displays. Use this for creating your own pages."; $display .= COM_endBlock(); $display .= COM_siteFooter(true); // Change to COM_siteFooter() to not display right blocks echo $display; ?> Then you just create a new block with the links you need to your pages.

tomw

Forum User
Did you look at the documentation and templates with the external pages plugin -- it explains what you need to do. Take each page, wrap it with the appropriate template, your done. I do not understand why it is so hard. If you know what html is and how a page is constructed and a little rudimentary php then its a snap. TomW

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:56 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content