Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 07:09 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Email Questions

Anonymous

Anonymous

1) I recently set up Geeklog on an IIS server and finally got the email feature working by changing "\n" to "\r\n" in the email body and headers. In the mail.php file though, this section of code is not functioning right for me.

Text Formatted Code

if (!isset($A['fullname'])) {
    $til .= $A['username'];
  } else {
    $til .= $A['fullname'];
  }
  $til .= '<' . $A['email'] . '>';

If I leave it as written, then none of the emails I send are received by the addressees. I've tried putting quotes around the names but that doesn't work either. Is there something else I should be doing?

If I replace this section of code with only: $til .= $A['email']; then everything works okay. Just wondering if there's some other trick I can try to get the names appearing with the email addresses.

2) How do I get bounced messages to be directed to my email address? I assume they're going to my website host since I'm not receiving any back when I test this out. I inserted "Errors-to: my-email-address@my-domain.com" as a header after the "X-Sender" header, but it's not working.

3) I realize storing email addresses in a database and not displaying them at all is a great way to prevent email harvesting by spambots but is there any vulnerability to this when a person initially enters his address to set up an account, uses Geeklog to send an email to someone else, or when admin uses the mail utility?

4) Lastly, I read a couple of posts over on php.net saying the mail() function is not very efficient for large mailing lists since it opens and closes an SMTP socket for each email. For those with large mailing lists, should we be looking for an alternative utility or is there plans to upgrade this Geeklog feature in the future?

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:09 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content