Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 09:48 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

HELP - Weather Block Errors

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
I have two issues unresolved with the Weather Block. Firstly I am getting these errors. I just want to say that the files mentioned in the errors are there. Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /path/to/geek/log/public_html/weather/display_weather.php on line 6 Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /path/to/geek/log/public_html/weather/phpweather.inc on line 16 Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /path/to/geek/log/public_html/weather/display_weather.php on line 7 And second the drop down menu in the weather block is Waaaayyyyy to large. Where is the code to manipulate the size of this drop down menu. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I've never used the weather block but if it really says "path/to/geeklog" there, then you obviously forgot to set a path somewhere. bye, Dirk

squatty

Forum User
Hmm...I thought I replied back to you on this one? As for your error...looks configuration related. I've never seen that one before. As for the locations drop down, you have two options: 1) Scrub your data so the location names aren't so long or 2) Remove the form (and location drop down) from your block (see display_weather.php).
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
No Sir, I have not been given any assistance thus far. I had spoken with someone briefly about it online but to no avail. No, I changed the path to be shown in this manner as I did not think it prudent to publish my complete paths online for all to see. I figured out to trim down the data no issue there so have been able to reduce the size of the drop down menu, but I am still getting the errors. Any assistance is welcome.

squatty

Forum User
From what I can tell, that particular error messages has something to do with safe mode being turned on in your php environment. You can verify the setting in your php.ini file. Try setting it to off...then restart apache. This should resolve the problem.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
Thank you for your response squatty. I will email my server and ask them about it then, as I use a third party server. I appreciate your assistance. I hope that the server is able to assist me in resolving this as I really am looking forward to getting the weather block up on my site.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:48 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content