Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:37 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

error msg's outta the blue

calimus

Forum User
About a week ago, my GL site started regurgitating the following errors. Warning: setcookie() expects parameter 3 to be long, string given in /home/techogra/system/lib-sessions.php on line 263 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/techogra/system/lib-sessions.php:263) in /home/techogra/system/lib-sessions.php on line 150 Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/techogra/system/lib-sessions.php:263) in /home/techogra/system/lib-sessions.php on line 162 I haven't changed anything with the site for well over 2 months and I'm a complete php moron so I'm not sure why/hopw this is happening or how to fix it. Any info would be great, the ver is 1.3.4
Trying to be different, just like everyone else.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Err, Geeklog 1.3.4? You did hear about the security problems which lead to the releases of 1.3.5sr1 and 1.3.5sr2, didn't you? You should really upgrade ... Anyway, there was one change in lib-sessions.php from 1.3.4 to 1.3.5 which seems to fit your description: Line 263 has been changed from setcookie($cookiename,$sessid,'',$cookiepath); to setcookie($cookiename,$sessid,0,$cookiepath); I assume that your hosting service (if you use one) has upgraded from some older PHP version to PHP 4.2.x, where this bug in Geeklog became obvious (another reason to upgrade ...). bye, Dirk

calimus

Forum User
Thanks for the info, called the host again and this time got different story, they did upgrade ver's of php recnently. I did hear about the newer ver's of GL, just haven't had time to go through the motions of the upgrade.
Trying to be different, just like everyone else.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:37 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content