Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 05:35 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Deletion of Master Events

mmsmtp

Anonymous
I am not sure how to delete events in Master Calender except logging into the MySQL database to issue a delete command, or I just too careless to miss an easy way? Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Log in as the Admin. You have access to all the events in the Master calendar from the Admin menu ("Events"Wink. bye, Dirk

Ectropian

Forum User
Chatty
Speaking of Events. It seems that if you are an Admin(root user), when you use My Calendar and try to add an event, GL automatically switches you to the Admin Master Calendar Screen, where you can no longer add events for your personal self. However, by adding a Quick Event at the bottom, you can afterwards edit the details later. Is this something that will be fixed in the CVS?
--Ted(Ectropian)

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, actually the "Add Event" button works the same for the Admin as it does for normal users: The added event is always a public event (i.e. one in the Master calendar). The question is whether "quick add" should do the same ... Anyway, nothing has changed here in CVS/1.3.6. bye, Dirk

Ectropian

Forum User
Chatty
So what you're saying is that if I am an Even Admin... I cannot (should not be able to) use my personal calendar??
--Ted(Ectropian)

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What I'm saying is that as an admin you can only use the personal calendar in the same way that everybody else does: You can add events from the Master calendar to your personal calendar. The personal calendar was never meant to be used for your personal events in the first place. It even says that when you submit an event (as a normal user): "Submitting an event to Geeklog will put your event on the master calendar where users can optionally add your event to their personal calendar. This feature is NOT meant to store your personal events such as birthdays and anniversaries." So this is how it was intended to be used. Following this line of thought, the way "quick add" works could actually be considered a bug (since it allows you to add events to your personal calendar without them going through the submission queue). This doesn't mean that it couldn't be changed. But we have to make up our minds first. Do we want a personal calendar where everyone can add his/her personal events? Then those events, obviously, should not be going through the event submission queue. If your users make extensive use of this feature, you might end up with a huge database, etc. I'd suggest you file this as a feature request. bye, Dirk

Ectropian

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks, for some reson I associated the words "My Calendar" as just that. A division of the Master Calendar, where users could post their own events for personal use. Thus the option to "add to my calendar". You would think that if this was a bug, "my calendar" would be the master calendar? Sorry if I sounded sadistic... I just didn't realize that wasn't the way it was intended to be. But I think it would be a good idea. I'm working with a group of people now who are looking for professionalism in their website. Personal Calendar and Job list(To-Do) would be a great improvement.
--Ted(Ectropian)

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:35 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content