Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 01:01 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

install.php shows BLANK page in Step 2 --- Pls Help!!

bhattvk

Anonymous
I am a 'First-Time-Geeklogger'. I have uploaded to my hosting provider's server, all dirs/files -- as I got after 'untar'ing Geeklog tarball file on my local computer. I run other php scripts & have a mysql database running to(so they definitely support php/mysql). Also the register_globals is ON, as I see in phpinfo() list. I am setting geeklog to be in a subdirectory called gl. My test site is gladwincity.com The database mydb, as i have mentioned in config.php, exists. When I run install.php from public_html/admin/install directory -- the first page (GEEKLOG Installation - Step 1 of 2) shows-up very well. I am sure that my path to geeklog is correct(as it also shows-up in the Hint). I select "New Database" from the drop-down list and Click "Next". The next thing I see is a BLANK page in IE and in Netscape - I get error "The document contains no data. Try again...". Here are the changes that I made in config.php file before uploading. Pls Pls Pls guide me - and Help me OUT!! =-=-=config.php: changed settings-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= _DB_dbms = 'mysql'; $_DB_host = 'localhost'; $_DB_name = 'mydb'; $_DB_user = 'mydb'; $_DB_pass = 'master'; $_DB_table_prefix = 'gl_'; // e.g. 'gl_' $_DB_mysqldump_path = '/usr/bin/mysqldump'; $_CONF['allow_mysqldump'] = 1; // 1 = on, 0 = off // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_CONF['path'] = 'home/sites/www.gladwincity.com/web/gl/'; $_CONF['path_system'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'system/'; $_CONF['path_html'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'public_html/'; $_CONF['path_log'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'logs/'; $_CONF['path_language'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'language/'; $_CONF['rdf_file'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'backend/geeklog.rdf'; $_CONF['backup_path'] = $_CONF['path'] . 'backups/'; // +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ $_CONF['site_url'] = 'http://www.gladwincity.com/gl/public_html'; $_CONF['site_admin_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/admin'; $_CONF['theme'] = 'XSilver'; // default theme $_CONF['layout_url'] = $_CONF['site_url'] . '/layout/' . $_CONF['theme']; $_CONF['path_themes'] = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'layout/'; $_CONF['path_layout'] = $_CONF['path_themes'] . $_CONF['theme'] .'/'; $_CONF['allow_user_themes'] = 1; $_CONF['allow_user_photo'] = 1; =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= I'll be obliged if you guys can help me resolve this quickly. Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Chances are that you have a typo in your config.php. If you have display_errors = Off in your php.ini, then you won't see an error message but just a blank page ... So if you can, set display_errors = On in your php.ini, restart your webserver and try again. In the config.php you posted, I noted a missing dollar sign in front of _DB_dbms (probably just happened when you copy&pasted this in here?). Also, your $_CONF['path'] should start with a slash, i.e. $_CONF['path'] = '/home/sites/www.gladwincity.com/web/gl/'; Make sure you have a slash there in the path to config.php in lib-common.php. The rest of the config looks fine. Hope that helps. bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:01 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content