Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:37 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can't Do Anything In Admin Block - "Authentication Required" Death Loop

winnerdk

Forum User
Now I can't do anything in the Admin section. As soon as I try to do anything, it tells me that "Authentication Required" and when I hit that, it sends me to the home page. I go back to Admin, same thing. Crap...

I didn't change anything on the website. This just started happening this morning. Please tell me how to un-screw this.

Thanks...

(Posted Earlier)

Something glitched. Now all of a sudden I can't post comments.

When I'm signed into the website, new comments posted by readers show up as "Submissions" under the Admin Block.

When I click on "Submissions" it takes me to (website)/admin/moderation.php

I can look at the comments by clicking on the "Edit" button. They seem fine and normal. I've approved thousands of these.

I click the "approve" button and then "submit."

It now takes me to an "Authentication Required" screen, with my User Name and Password already filled in.

When I click on the button below, it quickly runs through "users" and then returns to index.php but the comments are not posted. They still show up as pending submissions.

So now, at this point, I can't approve comments.

This is a new thing, just started today.

Any clues as to what is going on? I didn't change anything. Help.

Don Winner
www.panama-guide.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: winnerdk

I didn't change anything on the website. This just started happening this morning. Please tell me how to un-screw this.

Hmm. Check with your hosting service, maybe they changed something on their end. Also make sure you're still sending referers (browser or firewall/proxy update?).

bye, Dirk

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
I doubt it but is there anything in the error.log?

Also try deleting the browser cache or even rebooting your computer. This usually fixes any unexplained problems (at least in a windows enviroment Big Grin ) if you and your host have not changed anything.

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

winnerdk

Forum User
OK, I've figured out that it's only happening when I use Chrome. This is the browser that I always use and have been for years. Something "hiccuped" or changed or whatever.

Anyway, as a short term solution, I have been able to post the comments and manage the site using the Internet Explorer browser (spat). Now I'm going to be restarting computers, clearing the Chrome cache, clearing out cookies, updating Chrome software, etc.

Don
www.panama-guide.com

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
That happened to me once before on Chrome when I was testing something. The next day I could never reproduce it. If you figure out the problem let us know.

Thanks

Tom
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

tedanoell

Forum User
Quote by: winnerdk

Anyway, as a short term solution, I have been able to post the comments and manage the site using the Internet Explorer browser (spat). Now I'm going to be restarting computers, clearing the Chrome cache, clearing out cookies, updating Chrome software, etc.

Did it help you? I have the same problem with my Chrome

Sonya

Forum User
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm having the same issue...

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:37 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content