Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 06:28 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Migrate and "Missing a temporary folder"

Jon Almada

Anonymous
Dirk, I'm running into a problem migrating a site. I am getting the message "Notice: Missing a temporary folder." when I migrate from a backup done via SQLYOG of a 1.7.1 GL database. I have a dev/test/prod environment and am trying to migrate the site to the test server to validate the final production post - I was blown away to see I couldn't just copy the sites anymore with the security token problem - no worries I thought - Just follow the migration script, but this error is rather short on details. Tracked the language file to #106 for this message and tried to follow it before my brain seized up. Any advice? Jon

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Actually, that message that you found in the language file doesn't seem to be used in Geeklog. Which means that the message is coming from somewhere else.

A quick Google search indicates that it could be PHP complaining about the lack of a temp. directory, specifically for the "upload_tmp_dir" setting in php.ini. So this could be a problem with your local PHP setup. Check your php.ini and whether you've set a upload_tmp_dir.

bye, Dirk

Jon Almada

Anonymous
Ok - Here is what was so strange. I changed the php.ini file to not use the c:\windows\temp directory, but one I made in c:\php\uploads. I also had to set the permissions for the IUSR_systemname user to allow for the uploads to that folder.

Had to kick the script a couple of times and then it worked. Thanks for pointing me the right way Dirk - appreciate it!

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:28 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content