Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 01:02 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

FTLOG FCKeditor

webbadass

Forum User
Chatty
dizzy
First let me say that i love geeklog. Been my choice for years as a CMS despite a slightly fragmented community. Geeklog has always stayed open and never come off as commercial.

Next let me say this... :banghead:

I have never really encountered any behavior in Geeklog that i could not fix. Either with a little digging, posting it here or having to do a reinstall of the software. Until now.

I am creating a custom theme for a client based on the professional theme. It is to be installed on a clean, virgin copy of 1.7.0 at the clients domain. No database upgrade, no significant CSS changed - a new basic shell only, more or less. I should say that i just completed this same setup for another client just last week.

The problem? I cannot get the FCKeditor to work on that install of geeklog 1.7.0. After my first GL install the Professional theme loaded the editor fine, but the clients theme would not. So i moved the theme to the other clients server and tested it and it worked great. So i deleted the entire install off the 1st clients server and started over. Same problem except now the Professional theme wasnt working either. Grrr... SO - I quit my browser, cleared the cache - tried it on both IE and Firefox on windows as well and it dont work.

So i took a spare domain i had just laying around - did an install with the same files - worked like a dream with the theme i created for my client.

What would make FCKeditor crap out on one domain and not another like that? They are all on the same virtual server. I only used relative path references. The .css i used is relatively simple and like i said - I WORKS 2 OTHER PLACES!!!

So in case you didnt hear me before... :banghead: Help!

1ynx

Forum User
Junior
I'm having this same issue a.t.m. :S

Did a clean install (fresh MySQL database, etc.) and overall everything is working perfectly except for the advanced editor :S

The only thing I can think of is the type of installation I had to do, it looks something like this:

$webroot/www/*public html files*
$webroot/www/000/*all other geeklog system files*

I'm also running PHP 5.2.x, so I hope that doesn't have anything to do with it.

During installation I've set the correct path to these system files and so far everything seems to work without a fuzz.

I'm not getting any errors in my error log or on the page itself, it simply isn't giving me the option for the advanced editor O_o

Any pointers into fixing this would be great.
"The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it." - Linus Torvalds

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
I am not a FCKeditor expert so I will let others chime in here but have you taken alook at this post here?

One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

1ynx

Forum User
Junior
That did the trick for me.

Thanks for the link, I missed that one during my initial search :doh:
"The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do it yourself'. Yes, that's it." - Linus Torvalds

webbadass

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by: 1ynx

That did the trick for me.

Thanks for the link, I missed that one during my initial search :doh:

I missed it too but i cannot find the option for advanced editor under "My Account". Which tab is it supposed to be under? Preview, Username & Password, About You, Language & Layout, Content or Privacy?

Here is a shot of the same theme on 2 different sites just after a fresh install - it looks like javascript isnt working but why? They are on the same server so it cannot be a server global can it?

Shot 1- Works: http://webbadass.com/images/editor_work.gif
Shot 2- Broke: http://webbadass.com/images/editor_broke.gif

1ynx

Forum User
Junior
My Account --> Layout & Language --> Use Advanced Editor (check box)

webbadass

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by: 1ynx

My Account --> Layout & Language --> Use Advanced Editor (check box)

Not there in my install - at least not for the admin login...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The option in My Account is only visible once you activate FCKeditor globally in the Configuration.

bye, Dirk

webbadass

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by: Dirk

The option in My Account is only visible once you activate FCKeditor globally in the Configuration.

bye, Dirk

As always, thanks Dirk. But I had it activated globally, immediately - as I have done in the 10 or so 1.7.0 installs i have done in the last few weeks... Hence my frustration... HOWEVER - as i typed this seeming snippy email i had an idea. I will have to check if i can repeat this in yet another install, but i doubt it.

I went into my install and checked that (1) the editor was activated globally and (2) the editor was not loading and (3) there was not an "Use Advanced Editor:" option in the "Layout & Languages" - SO, I made a new user, gave it root access and checked all the same stuff and sure enough 1, 2, & 3 were all there and working fine. I logged out and logged back in as root and sure enough 1, 2, & 3 were all there and working fine. Problem solved!

How? I have no frigging idea... I did another virgin install on another spare domain (I have a few laying around) and i could not duplicate it - everything worked fine right off the bat.

At least its fixed, right? Heh... :banana:

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:02 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content