Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 08:02 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Internet Explorer 8

Lizard

Anonymous
confused
Here's an interesting one.

I have just found out that I am unable to logout when viewing my Geeklog site in Internet Explorer 8.
It brings up the sytem message to say that you have been successfully logged out, but I can still see all of the content and also view things that I would normally view when I am logged in. Pressing refresh page does nothing, but I have found out that closing down IE8 and restarting it again clears it and it goes back to the way it should be. Hmmm.
I now why I always use Firefox! Has anyone else had problems with IE8?

Lizard.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Some sort of aggressive caching maybe? I know I had similar issues with Opera in the past. Does a forced reload fix it?

bye, Dirk

Lizard

Anonymous
Hi,

A force reload does not do the trick either. I have now realised that it is when I change from one user, example admin, to another, test user, to test out certain parts of my site so I am assuming it must be the caching that you mentioned.

Lizard.

LWC

Forum User
Just to confirm, do you mean forced refresh as in holding ctrl while refershing? What about manually removing your cache through Tools?

Also try embedding these headers in your header.thtml (if they don't help, try finding more of these):
Text Formatted Code
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);

If any of this fixes the problem, you could ask Dirk to include those lines if a user just logged out.

Lizard

Anonymous
Hello LWC.

Thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated. I tried removing cache through tools, but nothing happens.
Please forgive me for my lack of skills. I am not 100% sure on how to embed that code in to the header.thtml as I am new to programming. I have tried puting it into the header as it is, but it looks like it is different code to what is in the file and it just displays the code on the screen.

Lizard.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
I use IE8 on Vista and haven't had problems logging out of Geeklog.
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Lizard

Anonymous
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your post. I am also using vista. I have no problems logging out the first time. It is normally if I log back in and try to log out for the second time with the same user or a different user. I have just tried logging in and out here with IE8 and all is fine so I am assuming it must be my programme.

Lizard.

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Have you tried Firefox or Chrome with your site? Did it give you the same problem?
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

Lizard

Anonymous
Hi,

I normally use Firefox all of the time and everything works perfectly. I have not tried Google Chrome.

Lizard.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:02 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content