Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 21 2024 @ 02:27 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Editing User Functions

kilerb

Forum User
Regular Poster
How can I remove something from the user functions area? I was reading past posts about this and it said to go to lib-common.php but I think it might've changed since I don't see anything. I'm using the latest GL.

Thanks!

::Ben

Forum User
Can you tell me witch function you need to remove?

::Ben
I'm available to customise your themes or plugins for your Geeklog CMS

kilerb

Forum User
Regular Poster
On my site i have a newsletter plugin, and it says "unsubscribe from newsletter" in that area. I want that gone. Reason being is the newsletter plugin is supposed to add new members to the list, however it only does it about successfully 60% of the time. So, I constantly have to click "import current users" into the newsletter subscription area. So, when I do that, it just re-imports anyone that has unsubscribed in the past and it will just annoy them anyway to be back on the list. In this particular scenario, I'd rather have them leave the site than unsubscribe from the newsletter anyway.

Thanks...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That would come from a plugin_getuseroption_newsletter function (or similar - search for getuseroption) in the plugin's functions.inc file.

bye, Dirk

kilerb

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thanks Dirk, I found this in there...

Text Formatted Code
/**
 * returns the user option for this plugin
 */
function plugin_getuseroption_newsletter() {
    global $_USER, $LANG_NL;
    list($whitelist) = NL_fetchWhitelist();
    if (!in_array($_USER['email'], $whitelist)) {
        return array($LANG_NL['user_menu_subscribe'], $_CONF['site_url'].'/newsletter/index.php?view=add&email='.$_USER['email'].'&disp_mode=success', 0);
    } else{
        return array($LANG_NL['user_menu_unsubscribe'], $_CONF['site_url'].'/newsletter/index.php?view=delete&email='.$_USER['email'], 0);
    }
}

Removed it, and the option "Unsubscribe from Newsletter" remains. Is there something else I have to do? Or did I remove the wrong thing?

Thanks

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm. Removing (or commenting out) that function should do the trick. That's the only official API that plugins have to get something into the User Functions block.

Or do you see the unsubscribe option somewhere else now?

bye, Dirk

kilerb

Forum User
Regular Poster
It worked... I think it was in cache memory or something still. I refreshed the page and it was still there. But now it's gone.

Thanks!

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:27 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content