Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, April 30 2024 @ 09:03 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Configuration problems

Lizard

Anonymous
curious
Hi.

Just a quick question. I thought I would give it one last go. I have been working on the Geeklog part of my site today and I now have most of the Geeklog site working now. Unfortunately I am now having problems with configuration.
I can go in to the admin configuration menu and change everything, but I have to keep refreshing the page in order to continue. I have glMenu installed and it does not let me configure the menu's now either.
If there is a simple solution to save me re-installing the programme and going through the whole lot again or even giving up altogether then please let me know.
I tried installing the smooth blue theme, but that did not work properly with version 1.6.1. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Hope to speak soon.

Lizard.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: Lizard

I can go in to the admin configuration menu and change everything, but I have to keep refreshing the page in order to continue

Not sure I understand the problem. So you make a change to the configuration and click on "Save changes". Then what happens?

You are using the Professional theme again now?

bye, Dirk

Lizard

Anonymous
excited
Hi,

Sorry I did not explain myself earlier. All is ok with the configuration now.
I was trying out the smooth blue theme and I was unable to get in to the admin part of the screen to change any of the settings or get back to the professional theme.

Solution: I deleted the smooth blue file, uploaded a copy of the professional file and renamed it to smooth blue. I was then able to get in to the configuration file and change the theme back to professional again. After this, I was able to change the configuration but when I clicked on save changes the screen went blank and it did not go any further until I refreshed the page. I then realised that there were a few other issues so I managed to sort those issues out by using the original files. that I uploaded to my server. Confusing, but it now works. Big Grin

I just need to figure out the glMenu which looks fine until I try to add a new entry. The new entries come up on the main header as text. I am assuming it is just a minor thing that I need to look in to.

Lizard.

Lizard

Anonymous
confused
Hi there, :helpme:

As far as I know everything is working now apart from the menu and the site stats. I have half of the menu displaying properly and half of the menu not displaying properly. I am not quite sure what has happened there. Any suggestions? http://www.lizard69.com/weblog/

As for the site stats they have completely disappeared? I am using version 1.6.1.

I will spend a little longer looking through the forum for answers on here tonight, but if I have no luck I will look at the programme again tomorrow.

Lizard.

Lizard

Anonymous
tired
8)
I spent the whole night working it out. I think I am nearly there now.

:banana:

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:03 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content