Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 07:48 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Where's the WYSIWYG editor?

Kroneg

Anonymous
stressed
OK, so I tried the Geeklog Demo site, added a few articles, checked out the image upload and include functions. Seemed pretty good, so I downloaded the newest version 1.6.0sr2 and installed it on my site. Then, I go in and try to create a new page and "bleh" - no WYSIWYG editor - just a blank box that allows HTML formatting. Where's the formatting? Where's the import/upload picture options? Sorry, but this feels like a "bait and switch" - the online demo was great, but the "real" program doesn't work like that at all. I looked through all the configuration sections and didn't see any options that would help. What do I need to do to get the real story editor?

Thanks for any help,
Kroneg

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Go to

Configuration > Geeklog > Users and Submissions > Submission Settings

and change the dropdown for

Advanced Editor?

from "false" to "true".

And, yeah, I guess that could be made more obvious. Suggestions?

bye, Dirk

Kroneg

Anonymous
tired
(sigh) Wrote a very detailed reply and the post editor failed - and lost all my text. So, short verison:

I turned on the "advanced" option - so now I can get to it, but I can't set it as the default. Is it possible to do that? The "post mode" default (just above the advanced editor option) won't show it in the dropdown - I have to choose it every time I create a new story.

More importantly - the image upload options are having issues:

The "images" tab works (with the [imageX] code), but doen't allow formatting (can't resize, etc.).

Using the "insert/edit image" in the editor has two issues on the popup "image properties" window:

On the "image info" tab - using "browse server" and "upload" there creates a link - but the link it inputs has a different address/path than where it actually uploads. It uploads to FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/something-something folder, but the link it creates points to
images/library/Image folder.

On the "upload" tab, loading the file path and clicking "send it to the server" just hangs up - no upload, no finish, nada - just hangs.

So the only image upload/link that works doesn't allow for any formatting. Any further suggestions?

Kroneg

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:48 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content