Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 12:17 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can't Post or Change Anything in 1.5.2sr4

HomeBeerBrewer

Forum User
I'm getting frustrated with this: I upgraded to 1.5.2sr4 from 1.4.1, and I haven't been able to post articles or update blocks. Is there something I'm missing? I went through the configuration page and made sure that HTML filtering is off for root, and made sure that my user account is set to root, so it isn't that. What else could it be?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
A more detailed description of the problem would help, but my guess is it's the CSRF protection. Are you using the Professional theme?

bye, Dirk

HomeBeerBrewer

Forum User
Sorry Dirk, I should have been more specific. When I want to post an article, I click on Submissions in the admin block, then click on Stories. Once there, I can see the whole list of stories. Clicking on Create New brings me to the story editor where I write my article. All that is straight forward and works as expected. It's when I click on save that the problems begin. I'm redirected back to the story list, and there is no information box saying that the article has been saved. And, there are only four articles listed in the story list. I have discovered that it shows four articles from the same topic that I chose to write the story under. The story isn't saved though.

As for the blocks, I have a block that I update when I post a new article, or update existing ones. Since I haven't been able to do that, I pretty much left it alone, until a day or two ago. I started this thread because I found that I can't update the block either, so I figured there is something going on. I looked through the configuration page to see if there are any new settings that I wasn't aware of, and decided that maybe the HTML filtering could be the cause. It didn't seem to make any difference.

And no, I'm not using the Professional theme, but I just now tried using it and everything seems to work. What do I need to do to my theme to make it work?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yep, that sure sounds like the CSRF protection. See the theme changes for 1.5.x in the documentation, specifically those for the token.

bye, Dirk

HomeBeerBrewer

Forum User
Thanks Dirk, everything works now.

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:17 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content