Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 01:59 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Can't access links or polls

Thomas Overbeck

Anonymous
grumpy
I've got Geeklog 1.5.1 running on my site, but I'm having some severe problems with it. These problems seem to have started after I installed Media Gallery (1.5.1), but disabling that plugin didn't seem to help matters any.

First, with the links... I tried to add some new links, but I got a message saying the link was submitted to the moderation queue for approval. Trouble is... I can't get to the page where I can approve the links. Either it's well hidden, or the link to that page got eliminated somehow.

Then I tried to edit the poll I had.... but all I got was an "Access Denied" message.

Why am I getting this crap when I'm supposed to be the admin??? Someone please help because I'm about to trash the entire site and start over!

Thomas Overbeck

Anonymous
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the site: http://www.sectioneightcomedy.com/index.php

If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like your account lost some of the Admin rights. Not sure how that could have happened, but check the account's permissions and group memberships under "Users".

If you can't get to the part of your site either, try the wiki article: Manually creating a new Admin user.

Btw, link submissions are approved under "Submissions". That should be the first entry in your "Admins only" block.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:59 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content