Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 07:45 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Error 1064 during installation

anonymouse

Anonymous
I managed to corrupt my geeklog db during testing, so I dropped the db as usual , created an empty db with the name geeklog as normal and then tried to run the install script as I have done many times during testing.

However this time I got "1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'GL: ";","text",0,"Core",-1,80,0, "s:4:"GL: ";"Wink' at line 1"

after clicking the install button.

I have dropped the database , restarted mysql. Completed removed geeklog and download a fresh copy but I get the same error msg. when i try to install.

Anybody have any idea what its complaining about?

Thanks.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, that's really odd. It looks like it didn't escape the quotes before attempting to write to the database. But I have no idea how that could have happened (assuming this is an unmodified Geeklog and PHP(!) install) ...

bye, Dirk

jmucchiello

Forum User
What version of mySQL and PHP are you running?

anonymouse

Anonymous
:doh: - Thanks that rang a bell

its the law of unexpectedconsequences again, I was having trouble with 'magic' quotes corrupting my file paths as I posted earlier - obviously one of the set_magic options I turned to off in the php.ini file has worked.

As they say a little knowledge is dangerous. Thanks for your help,

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:45 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content