Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 07:21 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Illegal mix of collations

ironmax

Anonymous
Has any run into this problem? If so, was there an easy fix? Here's the info from the error log. The links plugin works, but as soon as I hit the admin side of it, then I get the following error below. This is on a geeklog 1.5.0, windows 2K, PHP5.x, MySQL5.x setup.

Text Formatted Code

08/02/08 12:53:28 - 1267: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='. SQL in question: SELECT l.lid AS lid, l.cid as cid, l.title AS title, c.category AS category, l.url AS url, l.description AS description, l.owner_id, l.group_id, l.perm_owner, l.perm_group, l.perm_members, l.perm_anon FROM gl_links AS l LEFT JOIN gl_linkcategories AS c ON l.cid=c.cid WHERE 1=1

Some way of fixing this in MSQL Front? Or do I have to export that one table and then fix the settings and then re-import it?

Michael

ironmax

Anonymous
I finally ended up exporting the tables and then deleting the Links plugin and re-installing it. Then I had to open the exported file and do allot of copy and paste into the Links plugin. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Gave me a chance to actually clean out the junk.

Michael

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:21 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content