Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 07:54 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Involuntarily upgraded MySQL, now my site is down.

sneel

Forum User
My Geeklog site is issuing error:
Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again later.

I found out that I was upgraded to MySQL 5 recently, and that seems to be the only thing that has changed. In searching the forum, I found a few threads that mentioned the hash algorithm may have changed with the new version of MySQL.?.? My site is not a high traffic site and I don't have a lot of users. However, there is a lot of content I'd like to save. I'd just start over if it weren't for the content. Am I on the right track or is there an easier fix?

Thanks for any help!

-Steve

Surreal

Forum User
Try taking a look at the MySQL 4 -> 5 Upgrade page, it should have the information to help squirsh your problem

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/upgrading-from-4-1.html

~Surreal

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Before jumping to conclusions, make sure it really is MySQL that is causing the problems. See Unfortunately, an error has occurred rendering this page. Please try again

bye, Dirk

sneel

Forum User
I turned the debugging on and found this error:

An error has occurred:
2 - require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to access *******plugins/staticpage/functions.inc @ E:\**********\lib-common.php line 6177

That should read "staticpages"... so, I looked intp the gl_plugins table and it looks like all my columns got truncated! For example, pi_name is now a varchar(10). This is just one example. It looks like my database is hosed. It looks like this is going to be a task for the host.

Thanks for the debug tip!

-Steve

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:54 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content