Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 06:00 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

system messages

flitch13

Anonymous
Hi all!
I'm wondering if there is any way to disable (or change...but mostly disable) the system messages that pop up whenever a user does something (e.g. log out).

I'm pretty new to this whole php thing so you might have to spell it out pretty well for me to understand.

Thanks,
Jeff

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What exactly is your problem with these messages? Most of the time, they do contain useful information, I'd say.

bye, Dirk

flitch13

Anonymous
I totally agree with you on that one, but I don't feel like they are all that appropriate for the atmosphere of the website I am designing. They are not really necessary and a bit too technical for the audience I am going after.
Even just being able to customize what they say would help a little.

Jeff

flitch13

Anonymous
sorry for the double post, but if I could just get the thing to say just, "You have been successfully logged out."
instead of saying, "System Message - 03/08 02:56PM You have been successfully logged out" that would be great too.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
In the Professional theme, the messages are using the blockheader-message.thtml (and blockfooter-message.thtml) template files.

In blockheader-message.thtml, there's a variable {block_title} which is replaced with the "System Message" and the timestamp. So if you remove that (or replace it with a fixed text), you would get rid of that part.

bye, Dirk

flitch13

Anonymous
Thanks so much for all your help, I really appreciate it.
I just have one last question. If I want to change what the actual content of each message is, where do I find that?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That would be Where can I change the text ...?

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:00 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content