Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 01:15 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Comment with Name & Email (without logging-in)

Chase

Anonymous
if i need to implement Name and Email text box for anonymous comment how do i do it.?

what files and things i will look into?

Has someone done this before.

LWC

Forum User
At least the name field was part of Summer of Code, but since nothing was ever written about the end of Summer of Code, I don't know if they did it.

If you want to do it alone, it'll be a mess because you'll have to modify both the code and the database.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: LWC

At least the name field was part of Summer of Code, but since nothing was ever written about the end of Summer of Code, I don't know if they did it.

:rtfm: Summer of Code Roundup

It doesn't mention the project to improve the comments, though. In a nutshell, it didn't work out and we didn't want to wash dirty laundry in public ...

We do have some code from that failed attempt but it's not exactly usable and doesn't contain anything that would help the OP.

bye, Dirk

LWC

Forum User
Oops, sorry, I totally forgot that article. I see I even had an unanswered question there. So did you consider my comments about the comments (no pun intended)?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, comments in 1.5 will be pretty much the same as in 1.4.1. Does that answer your question? The only new feature there is that you can close comments, i.e. the existing comments will still be displayed but you can't post any new ones.

Should Google decide to run the Summer of Code again and should we be part of it again, then we're probably bringing that project back in one form or another.

bye, Dirk

LWC

Forum User
Will it have time control (e.g. "close automatically after a week" )?

Anyway, what do you think about Talk:SoC_improving_comments?

Chase

Anonymous
i have done atleast one improvement that commetns on my site send an email to the post owner.

then i took away the richtext editor because so mean souls on dialup had to wait to post a single line comment. (for some reason i could not get to load the comments in plain text while having the story post editor as rich text.

as for the summer code i think i will need a lot more courage to even click that link Smile

should i post that code here. I mean the one that i changed.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:15 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content