Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 06:09 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Instant Messenging links for Forum 2.7

itsme

Anonymous
I have an old version of the forum plugin (running on GL 1.3.7), and I'm in the process of upgrading to GL 1.4.1 and using the forum plugin version 2.7. On the old version, there are links to AIM, YIM, ICQ, and MSN Messenger that show up in posts by users that enter their usernames for those services in their profiles (as well as on their profile pages). I'm not finding the code to do that with the new version. There is, however, an entry in the language file for those links. How can I utilize the links in the new version?

By the way, I have posted about my GL 1.3.7 installation before, and Dirk's response made me decide to do the upgrade. It's going to be a long process, since I have done quite a bit of customization to it, but it's coming along nicely. Version 1.4.1 has come a long way since 1.3.7 was released, and much of the code seems to be easier to figure out. Some of the customizations I did to the old version are no longer needed, and some - if not most - can now be added to lib-custom.php, so thanks for all the work you guys do.

Blaine

Forum User
I removed that code some time ago but it will auto-detect if your site is using glMessenger and show a PM link as well as links to the user profile, website and email - same as this site is setup (if you are logged in)
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

itsme

Anonymous
Thanks Blaine,

I guess I'll just have to do without the links to those IM services. glMessenger is one of your premium plug-ins, right? I'll have to check it out.

Speaking of premium plug-ins, I bought your Registration plug-in a while ago. Can I assume that it's been updated in the last few years? If so, do you offer an upgrade option for that?

I guess I just need to go to your site to check everything out...

Blaine

Forum User
Upgrades are included for portalparts clients. Just let me know if you have any issues.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:09 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content