Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 18 2024 @ 01:12 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Captcha Not Working on Comment Form

BMcDonald

Anonymous
I just installed Captcha 3.0.2 on my 1.4.1 installation and it's not showing up on the Comment form page. I have it checked in the admin to do so. Any ideas?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Make sure you have a {captcha} variable in your comment/commentform.thtml (and commentform_advanced.thtml, if you're using FCKeditor) template file.

bye, Dirk

BMcDonald

Anonymous
I checked and the {captcha} variable is on both forms. Right after the warning.

</select><br /> <span class="warningsmall">{allowed_html}</span>
</td>
</tr>
{captcha}
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><hr></td>
</tr>
<tr>

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Hmm, no idea then.

Mark?

bye, Dirk

Laugh

Site Admin
Admin
Does it work when creating new users, etc..?
One of the Geeklog Core Developers.

mevans

Forum User
First, make sure you have enabled CAPTCHA for the areas you want. Go into Admins Only -> CAPTCHA and select the checkbox for each area in Geeklog you want the CAPTCHA prompt to show up.

Set Graphics Driver to Static Images. Once we've got everything else working, you can then try one of the dynamic drivers.

Try registering as a new user on the site, does the CAPTCHA image show? If it doesn't, this is generally due to a template issue. Try it using the stock Professional theme. If you have a custom theme on your site, make sure it includes the necessary {captcha} tags (see the professional theme to know where to put them, or check out the CAPTCHA documentation for more information.

If CAPTCHAs work fine for new user registration, then test it with comments. Keep in mind that the CAPTCHA image will not display when you first enter the comment. Once the user selects Preview, then the CAPTCHA image will display.

If this didn't get you going let me know and we'll dig a little deeper.

Thanks!
Mark

BMcDonald

Anonymous
Thanks everyone. Seems I'm notorious for missing the obvious. It was working for new users but not in comments . . . because I had "Anonymous Only" checked in Captcha (not knowing what it meant). I deselected
"Anonymous Only" and it works fine now in comments. Your contributions did help me see the mistake so thanks for your help.

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:12 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content