Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 09:33 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Error Message on new registrations

orepa

Forum User
Chatty
Whenever a new registration is attempt on the GL site, a "You have to enter the same email address in both fields! " error message appears the screen only allows for a user name and email address. If I try to add a new user, the same error message appears.

The setting in the config.php does allow new registrations. Why is this happening?

jmucchiello

Forum User
You need to update your theme. Switch over to professional to see the difference.

orepa

Forum User
Chatty
How often is updating the theme required? I just had the "Clear" theme installed on Friday.

geiss

Forum User
Quote by: orepa

How often is updating the theme required? I just had the "Clear" theme installed on Friday.

Updating your theme only needs to be done when you install a new or upgraded version of geeklog core, and that depending upon if there are any theme file changes. Refer to the changelog with the version of gl you are using/upgrading to.

Since it has been a year since gl v1.4.1 has come out, you should have only had to upgrade then, but if theme devs don't update their work, it will fall on you to do it for your site.

The theme needs to be compatible with whatever version of geeklog you are running. Refer to the documentation that came with the theme for compatibilty info. If none exists, try contacting the theme author, and as a last resort, start copying/pasting the appropriate .thtml files from the layout/professional/ directory to your layou/(your_theme)/ directory.

This "Clear" theme, is it one listed on the gl demo site? I believe most of the ones there are compatible with gl v1.4.1, and if not, Ironmax does a good job at trying to keep them updated.

Hope this helps!

Eric
Synergy - Stability - Style --- Visit us at glfusion.org

orepa

Anonymous
Thank a bunch, I'll check it out. The problem started when I switched from another theme back to the Clear theme.

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:33 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content