Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 06:32 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

exporting stories

timothychan

Forum User
Chatty
is there any way to export all stories on one geeklog site to another?

Thanks
"If you help enough people get what they want, you will get what you want.” - Zig Ziglar

jmucchiello

Forum User
Nothing simple, no.

If the sites share the same user names, user ids, groups and permission settings and topics then you might be able to take a DB dump of the one site, edit out all the non-stories data and import into the other database. But that's only something you should do if you really, really know what you are doing.

timothychan

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks for your advise... I guess it'll not be wise for me to try it cz I'm not expert in this area.

"If you help enough people get what they want, you will get what you want.” - Zig Ziglar

beewee

Forum User
Quote by: timothychan

Thanks for your advise... I guess it'll not be wise for me to try it cz I'm not expert in this area.

Me neither, but it worked fine for me. The MySQL backup is nothing more than a textfile, just open it with a texteditor and see if you can find your way around. Just concentrate on a few stories and compare them with the backup from the new site to see if you can import the database without too much risk. Do not forget to get the right topics as well, including topic ID's.
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:32 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content