Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, May 04 2024 @ 02:26 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Unable to change user settings (usersettings.php)

sromero

Forum User
Hi...

After upgrading to geeklog v1.4.1, my users noticed that they are unable to modify their profile settings (Name, Password, Email, Signature, and so) under usersettings.php .

After modifying any of the usersettings.php fields (either changing older values or defining new ones), they receive the following message:

"
To change your password, email address, or for how long to remember you, please enter your current password.
"

Of course, all my users are writing their right password. I did the check by myself and was unable to update my email or signature with my user password (user with admin rigths).

Any idea?

jmucchiello

Forum User
The most common cause of this is the autoform function of most browser software. The password field is named password so the browser puts the user's password into it but leave the confirm field empty. That's why that error is given. The trick is to clear the password field before hitting submit (or to turn off auto-complete forms in the browser).

Several bug requests have been submitted asking for the field's name to be changed.

sromero

Forum User
Quote by: jmucchiello

The most common cause of this is the autoform function of most browser software. The password field is named password so the browser puts the user's password into it but leave the confirm field empty. That's why that error is given. The trick is to clear the password field before hitting submit (or to turn off auto-complete forms in the browser).

Several bug requests have been submitted asking for the field's name to be changed.

No, that was not the problem.

I tried either:

- Clearing the password text field (didn't work).

- Using a new fresh browser (Konqueror) with password saving disabled (didn't work).

I always get the URL:

http://www.mywebsite.com/portal/usersettings.php?mode=edit&msg=83

To change your password, email address, or for how long to remember you, please enter your current password.

PS: I don't have any "Confirm password" field... just Name, Password, Session time, Email, Website, Signature, Bio and PGP key.

jmucchiello

Forum User
PS: I don't have any "Confirm password" field... just Name, Password, Session time, Email, Website, Signature, Bio and PGP key.
Ah, wrong common problem. Switch to professional and see if you still have the problem.

sromero

Forum User
Quote by: jmucchiello

Ah, wrong common problem. Switch to professional and see if you still have the problem.

So .... you think it's a template problem ...

jmucchiello

Forum User
It must be if you don't have a confirm password field. Try it with professional to know for sure. What theme are you using?

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:26 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content