Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 07:48 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Two of my pages have stopped resizing according to monitor reolution settings. Please help!

Harryw86

Forum User
stressed
Hi, I have had geeklog installed and working fine for ages.

I noticed that the block which shows the latest forum posts was viewable to anonymous people; so I changed the settings to fix this.

Unfortuntaley this affected the resizing of two pages, my index and my news page. The rest of the pages still resize when I change my monitor resolution.

So, I changed the settings on the block to the original settings thinking that this would solve the problem; unfortunately it did not.

This is really important because I know that a lot of the people using the site use 800x600 resolution so they will have to be scrolling horizontally regularly.

Does anyone have an incling as to what I need to do???
I would really appreciate it if you could help me out with this!

Thanks in advance!

Harry

1000ideen

Forum User
What did you do in detail? I don`t think that ticking one box off will resize your geeklog.

Harry

Anonymous
Hi again, thanks for your response.

I went onto my webpage and noticed that as an anonymous user I could see titles of forum topics.

I thought: "It's not right that anonymous users can see forum post titles."

So I logged in as admin, clicked blocks, clicked the edit icon for Forumposts and then deselected the anonymous access rights.

After that I went to the index page and saw that it was no longer resizing to my screen.

Thats all I have done. I have not changed any files via ftp, ssh or my extend control panel...

Weird huh?

Harry

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:48 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content