Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 05:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem with comments

denis

Forum User
Chatty
Hello,
all my registered members and me are not able to write any comments to my stories on my website www.mywebsite.com
link:
http://my website/comment.php
I have this message:
Direct Access to this location is not allowed.

Please,if you know how tell me how I can make me and my registered users able to write comments on my stories..

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Actually, when you call up comment.php directly, it should redirect you to your site's homepage.

You should have "post a comment" links or the "reply" button below stories which will take you to the proper form. If you don't, then you may have a theme issue and should try it with the Professional theme.

But you can't call up comment.php directly.

bye, Dirk

denis

Forum User
Chatty
Hmm..
To send my comments first I have botton "Preview" and then I have bottons "Preview" and "Submit Comment"..
I must first click on "Preview" and then I have options to click on "Submit Comment"..Then i recive this message "Direct Access to this location is not allowed."

I wrote my comments before with same way and with no problems,but now from some reason I got this error..

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by: denis

Then i recive this message "Direct Access to this location is not allowed."

This message is not generated by Geeklog.

A quick Google search for that message seems to indicate that it is created by Mambo (and perhaps also Joomla). Do you have Mambo or Joomla installed on the same server? Maybe some of the files of the two systems got mixed up.

bye, Dirk

denis

Forum User
Chatty
No..
I never used Mambo or Joomla and I have just geeklog on my server..
For my website i use only geeklog..Long time ago I used xoops,but right now on my server I have only geeklog.

denis

Forum User
Chatty
PLEASE HELP ME...
Still I have this problem with posting comments on my website..
On my website nobody (including my self-administrator) can not post any comments in static page (my news block),in media gallery ,in my forum..
My website is blocked to receive any comments !

mevans

Forum User
denis,

I don't believe you can enter comments for static pages or the forum. In Media Gallery, you have to configure each album to enable comments. Under Album Edit, there is a checkbox for Enable Comments, make sure it is checked.

If you still can't enter comments for Media Gallery, can you post a URL that we can look at?

Thanks!
Mark

denis

Forum User
Chatty
I configured each album to enable comments and for long time everything was perfect and was not problem to post any comments.
Right now we can not post any comments on my website ..in media gallery,forum,static pages..
Nowhere.. Frown

mevans

Forum User

If you still can't enter comments for Media Gallery, can you post a URL that we can look at?

denis

Forum User
Chatty
Okey..please,check your email box..

mevans

Forum User
Here's what I see when I test out your site. I can enter a comment, preview it, but when I go to save it receive this error "Direct Access to this location is not allowed." Looks like Dirk has already Googled that message (and I did too) and it does appear to be the standard text used in Mambo/Joomla when someone tries to access an include file directly. Obviously that is not the problem here.

I see two options: 1) Maybe the Geeklog comment.php file is corrupt, so try replacing it with a new one from the Geeklog distribution archive. 2) You host has implemented some type of security tool that is interpreting the comment post as a problem. Try contacting your host's tech support and see what they have to say.

Thanks!
Mark

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content