Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 09:22 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Advanced Editor questions

ironmax

Anonymous
Here is something that has been bugging me for quite some time and I would like to know how it can be solved. If you look at all the six pics listed below, you will find that the advanced editor works on most except Opera. But thats not the real question. Why doesn't the advanced editor look like it does while your logged in as root? advanced-Logged-in-user-Firefox.jpg
advanced-Logged-in-user-IE.jpg
advanced-Logged-in-user-Opera.jpg
advanced-root-Firefox.jpg
advanced-root-IE.jpg
advanced-root-Opera.jpg

Quads

Forum User
Junior
Can't see your pix....

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: Quads

Can't see your pix....

Sorry about that...it works now...

Dazzy

Forum User
1. FCKeditor does not support opera, therefore geeklog acts as if its turned off

2. Simple, depending on what group you are part of, you see slightly different toolbars, hence root seeing everything and basic loggedinusers seeing a basic toolbar.

If you want loggedinusers to see the same as root group (I for one dont!) open /public_html/fckeditor/myconfig.js and change the contents of FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["editor-toolbar1"] to match that of FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["editor-toolbar2"] or FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["editor-toolbar3"] (root) otherwise customise to your requirements.
Dazzy

ironmax

Anonymous
Quote by: Dazzy

1. FCKeditor does not support opera, therefore geeklog acts as if its turned off

2. Simple, depending on what group you are part of, you see slightly different toolbars, hence root seeing everything and basic loggedinusers seeing a basic toolbar.

If you want loggedinusers to see the same as root group (I for one dont!) open /public_html/fckeditor/myconfig.js and change the contents of FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["editor-toolbar1"] to match that of FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["editor-toolbar2"] or FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["editor-toolbar3"] (root) otherwise customise to your requirements.

This is not exactly what I talking about. What I'm referring to is the java menu above the text boxes.

* Editor
* Publish Options
* Images
* Archive Options
* Permissions
* Show All

So that it look uniform across all login types. even if the logged-in-user does not have all the privs of root or the anon user doesn't have them either.

Michael

Dazzy

Forum User
Believe that this is only available for users with story.edit, story.moderate, story.submit privledges haven't really tested this however. You may even have to be a story admin.
Dazzy

ironmax

Anonymous
Thats what I kinda thought. Ohh well. Maybe if I get ambit shes, I'll do something about it.

Michael

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:22 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content