Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 07:50 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

fullnames with special chars, choke when using admin email functions

jeffhare

Forum User
Junior
Hello,

Currently: PHP 4.4.4, MySQL 4.0.27-standard-log, GL 1.4.1, Linux
NOTE: also happens in my local Windows IIS test server running MySQL 5.0.27 using PHP 5.2.0

I have 2 issues surrounding the admin/mail.php facility to send email to groups in 1.4.1.

I've upgraded a site from an old version of GL 1.3.8, and any user's full names containing a single quote like
"Peter O'Brien" or "Jeff & Michelle"
, etc, fails to properly display the sent mail results page when I try to send email as an admin to various groups that contain people with special characters in the fullname field.

In some cases, it shows a blank page, other times, it displays the path name of the mail.php. Examining the DB in myphpadmin, the fullnames no longer have escaped special characters. I assume they should have them in there?

After going into each member's profile where the full name has special characters and changing "&" to "and", and removing, then replacing names containing the apostrophe character, the email gets delivered now, however the "report" of successes and failures shows garbage for any user's fullname with these special characters.

Any ideas here?

-Jeff

jmucchiello

Forum User
This is something of a known issue. But I don't think there's a fix for it yet.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:50 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content